PLEASE HELP

JennyMorgan

I didn't get to hear that but as reported on the news at 8 they played natural England's sound bite and then their spokesmans lake speech. Not balanced reporting at all.

To be honest, Dave, having heard all the previous tasters and news reports I think that Radio Norfolk balanced the story well over the previous hour. I rather suspect that the 8.00 sound bite was to balance what had gone before. I think that we can be reasonably pleased.

Our campaign is taking off! Interesting softening of intent by Natural England in that access might be allowed in ten years time. Think that we need a definite statement of intent on that one though.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/environment/petition_grows_as_natural_england_says_access_to_hoveton_great_broad_from_the_river_will_be_impossible_over_the_next_decade_1_4175974

• 1 month later...

I've been asked to clarify some points regarding the petition by its author. Quite simply I have copied and pasted her message.

Hi Peter - there seems to be some confusion on the NBN forum about the number of signatures required. Perhaps you could point out that this is not a government petition, it can stay live as long as we want it to, the target will keep changing and it won't ever get a reading in Parliament unless we present it to the Minister concerned and there are enough signatures for him to take notice. We don't specifically need 100k for this to happen but obviously it would be fantastic if that happened! We are all doing our best to spread the word far and wide as even people who don't know, or have never visited the Broads, will have a view on the principle of public money being awarded for a private project without full public access to enjoy the benefits. Thanks, Sue

By the way, a big thanks to all of you who have signed. Perhaps you have friends who might also sign?