Help .with .Laptop .keyboard

Timbo

Can .someone .help .with .this .full .stop .problem .I .am .having .with .my .laptop? Since .my .return .from .the .boat .and .starting .my .laptop, .everytime .I .press .the .spacebar .I .get .a .space .and .a .full .stop .or .period. .When .I .press .backspace .to .delete .the .period .the .volume .control .panel .opens. 

If .I .press .the .return .key .I .get .an .

l

like .the .one .above.

l

lI .think .I'm .going .mad! .What .on .earth .has .happened .and .how .do .I .stop .it?  :dunce:

is it just in word, or on all programs? in word if you click on the show/hide paragraph marks you get that sort of effect with a dot where there is a space - I cant show it now as from work copy and paste doesn't work on this site.

on the menu the symbol looks like a backwards P followed by an I with the P filled in.

Grendel

The 'backwards P' mark is a paragraph symbol, or pilcrow. Basicaly, a formatting mark that helps to represent the end of a paragraph.

If you want to remove such formatting marks,

1. Click the Microsoft Office Button then click Word Options.

2. Click Display

3. Under Always show these formatting marks on the screen clear the check boxes for any formatting marks that you do not want to show in your documents at all times.

Incidentally, doing the above should also prevent the full stops from appearing between each word in a sentence. :)