AVRO LANCASTER "JUST JANE".

SPEEDTRIPLE

Hi all,

for anybody (like me) who are interrested in WW2 aircraft, and their restoration, you might be interrested in the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage museum?.  They are currently restoring Avro Lancaster "Just Jane" back to flying condition, and you can follow their progress here.

http://www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/

• Like 5

We bought a day there for my best friend's 50th including a taxying ride round the perimeter. I didn't go on that (quite expensive at ~ £300 for him for the day) but I did get to go inside the Lancaster. It was quite incredible. It looked so big from the outside yet was so small inside. It was so cramped with bulkheads and other obstacles every few feet. We sat in all the different positions including bomb aimer and rear gunner and the thought of having to try and get out in an emergency did not bear thinking about. Along with Bletchley Park one of the best days I have ever had. The museum there is fascinating to with a Tallboy and Bouncing bomb amongst other things.

Highly, highly recommended.

Best wishes

Charles

IMG_0032.JPG

• Like 6

I was there last year, Neil and it's a fascinating place to visit.  :clap

Hi John, and all,

Karen and i are off to Lincolnshire for a week in a cottage in 2 weeks time. I`ve earmerked East Kirkby for the bank holiday monday, as they have an air display on the day, so will be looking forward to it.

We`re staying in a place in a village called "Greetham", just east of Horncastle, which is pretty close to the museum. A short drive, so we can spend the whole day there.