Not what it seemed

Boaters

At first glance the title suggested that they had come buy sea ,They appear in all forms of transport cars,camper vans even a small camping trailer  the other day.There must be a massive desperation for these people to  leave families and come here empty handed,. 

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/suspected_migrants_travel_to_the_uk_on_a_broads_holiday_cruiser_1_4191534

I mean all methods of entry this just the latest method ,a neighbours son has a large haulage company ,he  has been fined often although they take every precaution and lost thousands through the delays ,loss of perishable goods and contracts .He does not see any end to it.

• Like 1

They had a comfortable trip then! 

I can't believe why the government is still fining people when it's clearly obvious that they are currently incapable of controlling the boarder. I'm also surprised why the haulers are putting up with this, if I was them I'd be blockading every port in the UK to remind them to sort things out.. I do feel very very sorry for them. :( 

• Like 2

Whole in agreement  with you.  Only the French seem to use those methods and get away with it.The  guy mentioned has spent vast amounts on strong locks but they cut through the roof and side curtains.The worst is that if they have entered  the trailer the whole load can be condemned with all the costs involved .

I suppose a boat is an easy target, not as secure as many trucks and a new method, not so likely to be checked.

Apparently this was a customers new boat being used as a promotion for the opening of a new dealership in the La Rochelle area.

Many builders offer very large discounts if you allow your boat to be used for show purposes before delivery and this one was on it's way to the Thames.

I don't think under the circumstances, if it was mine, that I would now accept delivery.

It will not effect their business as that is exporting boats, bringing this one back was a one off.

I came across this on facebook.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crime/suspected_migrants_travel_to_the_uk_on_a_broads_holiday_cruiser_1_4191534

Imagine the damage to their buisness if they had to stop selling boats in france, or anywhere where there was a channell crossing involved.

I've merged this, Neil..... the subject has already been posted

• Like 1