Tunis Cake

Hylander

Well, it looked lovely, M, well done :clap I have never been one for baking but have made mince pies with the kids in the past, not to put too finer a point on it but let's just say that in my household it's probably best to buy them from the supermarket lol

Grace

• Like 4

Believe me Grace I am not that hot either, in fact I have a good system,   when I make anything if it doesn't turn out as it should its next destination is the bin and I don't tell anyone in the house.    What the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve over is my motto.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Believe me Grace I am not that hot either, in fact I have a good system,   when I make anything if it doesn't turn out as it should its next destination is the bin and I don't tell anyone in the house.    What the eye doesn't see the heart doesn't grieve over is my motto.

Hi Monica,

Our bin was well fed over Christmas, on Christmas day I burnt the bacon on the pigs in blankets, so the bacon went in the bin and new was applied to the pigs. The usual problem not enough oven space even with two ovens and using all four gas rings on the hob. The kitchen needs a refit, so maybe I will look at a bigger hob and a new oven.

Regards

Alan

• Like 4

Oh very funny you lot, you really get to grips with somethings don't you? You could say you like to have your cake and eat it :party:Get it.........and while I'm about it, that's just  about the icing on the cake, it really is, you should all stop taking the biscuit, honestly, the proof is in the pudding so to speak. So when you've quite finished taking the pies (I won't swear) you can stick your yule log where the sun don't shine :naughty:

Grace

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Monica,

Our bin was well fed over Christmas, on Christmas day I burnt the bacon on the pigs in blankets, so the bacon went in the bin and new was applied to the pigs. The usual problem not enough oven space even with two ovens and using all four gas rings on the hob. The kitchen needs a refit, so maybe I will look at a bigger hob and a new oven.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan,

Cannon do a dual fuel, 6 burner, 2 ovens (fan and conventional), separate grill and a warming oven. Usually about £1150 but far superior quality to the Bellings (the main alternative). We've had ours a few years and find the oven temperatures are pretty accurate.

regards

Roy

• Like 2