RIP Sir Terry

Polly

His silent fireworks on Guy Fawkes day, was clever. He was my broadcaster to work for many years. I saw him playing golf at Turnberry in the BBC series.  Who can ever forget the putt he sank on the 18th green at Gleneagles. RIP Sir Terry.

Certainly he will be missed. During his radio career, I went through a phase when some programmes, I really enjoyed whilst on other programmes  some years later, I preferred other radio stations at the time.

I realised it was't really him at all, only my tastes change.

These days I often listen to Radio 4 and the shipping forecast, which often send me to sleep before the National anthem at 1:00 am, didn't work tonight lol

I guess as we get older we are going to more funerals than weddings or christenings. I loose track of which celebrities are still alive these days.

I have to look on the internet to see how many of the cast of Dad's Army, or Only Fools and horses are still going. They both offer great entertainment many decades later.

I guess we will be seeing repeats of Blankety Blank on digital TV, these days most shows have either Les Denis or Bradley Walsh lol and they still have great entertainment value, and still appear in recent TV shows.

Certainly Terry will be missed, and condolences to his family at this sad time, it seems a lot of recent losses have been due to Cancer. There have been many advances in the treatment of cancer, which many people have been totally cured and are in remission, and my thoughts go out to those people currently receiving treatment, or undergoing tests, or awaiting results from tests, as I personally know, this can be a very anxious time, for the patient, and the family.

• Like 8

I think this sums Sir Terry up. 

I spent a few evenings in the Children in Need studios,  that fella kept the energy and buzz going right through until 2am when us younger folk were wilting and ready to go home after a hard day collecting.  

What a fantastic legacy to remember him by,  Children in Need was his baby. 

FB_IMG_1454334223987.jpg

• Like 1