German on the Broads

HakunaMatata

1 hour ago, BroadScot said:

HM, I can see some serious chat is called for regarding your choice of "Iodiene" whiskies

Yes you are right talking about whisky in a chat is tend to be serious - the best way to talk about whisky is sitting with a lot of different whisky bottles, having a nice relaxed talking while tasting, less serious much more funcheers.

Honestly  the Speyside Whisky i love before having a meal my favourite right now is THE GLENLIVET, Before That i had Cardhu.

Hey Guys you should try a Cardhu lets say 4cl in a warm Glas best a a Nosing or a Cognac one and the same amount of Drambuie.

For sitting and watching the clouds going by a Talisker is perfect to me, but arguing about taste is like arguing about nothing. Thank God we are different  all drinking the same... how boring..

BTW thanks for the shop which sells the Pole, easy to find and not expensivre  ( please note the BTW getting lazy too )

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Baitrunner said:

Wow no wonder everyone wants to come to the UK!! That is expensive.

I am sure as a whisky lover some of our Northern brethren will warm to you even quicker. However you must try some whisky from St Georges distillery. I can recommend it. Not accessible by boat, but worth a trip to.

https://www.englishwhisky.co.uk/contact-us 

Thank you, just checked the web, thats on my list for must see.

Germany isnt such a cheap place, but full of rules and less common sense.

If you got more of this shops i will load my boat until it fits under potter heigham :-)

• Like 2

Good grief

I remember in my youth dry docking in Hamburg, nights at the Zillertal, roaming the Reeperbhan, bockwurst mayo and chips after being chucked out of the bars at about 2 AM and negotiating the tunnel under the Elbe to get back to ship in time to start work at 08:00 hrs, maybe should move Tangara to Hamburg :hiding:

dont tell Carole :dance

cheers

Ray

• Like 1

Good Morning,

may be its my english skills or i getting it wrong at the 2 last entries about whisky.

Do you mean the Britsh makers have a drink or 2 before deciding something ? and they are still better than the german sober human beeings ?

I am on my way  to the perfect place.

slàinte mhath

• Like 3

Your Majesty, I think it is the MPs who have the drink. Then they argue a lot. Then have another drink. Accuse our very honourable Prime Minister of doing naughty things with dead pigs and then go home for a sleep.

The Lords do the same, but tend to sleep a lot during the day.

We aren't allowed to talk politics on the forum, but I think we can all agree German or British they are probably all the same:bow

And I see your English (well Scottish/Irish) is coming on very well. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

probably all the same:bow

9 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

We aren't allowed to talk politics on the forum, but I think we can all agree German or British they are probably all the same:bow

Yep i agree 100  %

Edited by HakunaMatata
missing numlock
  • Like 1

On 03/02/2016 at 5:39 PM, HakunaMatata said:

Thank you, just checked the web, thats on my list for must see.

Germany isnt such a cheap place, but full of rules and less common sense.

If you got more of this shops i will load my boat until it fits under potter heigham :-)

St George's Distillery is 5 km from where I live, Frank!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hockham Admiral said:

St George's Distillery is 5 km from where I live, Frank!

Every time we drive up, we pass the sign and keep promissing ourselves that we will visit the place next time we`re up. Is it worth a visit John?. Karen like the odd Whiskey, especially when she has a cold :naughty::naughty:

20 minutes ago, HakunaMatata said:

Thats what i say-- the scots know how to enjoy live

ive just taste tested the cherries in vodka I put in my storage jar in late july, with a little bit off vanilla pod.

the morello cherries were grown wild in Norfolk and I will challenge ian to a taste off next time

hes down ..... if there is any left.

• Like 4