Riyadhcrew Onboard

riyadhcrew

14 hours ago, ChrisB said:

I think if you are not local then once in a while a houseboat is a good bet. 

There is a lot more to Norfolk than the Broads. 

Using the car will open up the delights of the North Coast. Cromer and Sheringham have much interest but the wilds of the Seamarsh Coast, Cley and Salthouse reserves, Blakeney, Morston, Wells, Holkheim, Burnham Overy and Brancaster Staithes. Will truly inspire, trust me. You will not be disappointed.

Hi chris , we're not going by car as we don't drive , but there's always trains & buses , so it will be nice to see other parts ,& i may even have a look at norwich castle as ive never been, lori

There is a bus route all the way along the north coast from Cromer to Hunstanton.

It is called the Coast Hopper Service. Cromer is easily reached by train from Wroxham as is Sheringham.

Sheringham then has it's heritage steam trains on thr Poppy Line that run to Holt, which is also worth a visit.

The bus is a really good way to enjoy the coast road as you are so high and can sit back and enjoy the view.

• Like 1

On 04/17/2016 at 2:01 PM, ChrisB said:

There is a bus route all the way along the north coast from Cromer to Hunstanton.

It is called the Coast Hopper Service. Cromer is easily reached by train from Wroxham as is Sheringham.

Sheringham then has it's heritage steam trains on thr Poppy Line that run to Holt, which is also worth a visit.

The bus is a really good way to enjoy the coast road as you are so high and can sit back and enjoy the view.

Thanks chris , i'll keep that in mind, by the way , how much is it to get into the norwich castle ? Have you any idea please ? Is it worth a visit do you think ? Lori

4 minutes ago, loribear said:

Thanks chris , i'll keep that in mind, by the way , how much is it to get into the norwich castle ? Have you any idea please ? Is it worth a visit do you think ? Lori

Lookslike £8.80p ..... https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=norwich+castle+admission+prices&oq=norich+castle+admission+prices&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.14730j0j4&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

• Like 1

Hi Lori,  took two of the grandchildren to the castle last week, not overly impressed. You have to book dungeons and battlements tour in advance.  Needless to say they were full. 

From the inside it could have been any secondary museum in any small city.  The kids,  5 and 8 were less than impressed and I would not bother to return.  The standard of service was hopeless,  a 20 min queue in the shop,  a 40 min queue in the cafe and a 15 min wait to pay through the nose for entry. It might have been better value if you could actually see any part of the castle without endless waiting and booked up tours. 

We also took them to the Cathedral,  they saw the Falcons, twice and spent two hours trying all the children's craft stalls and looking around,  all for a donation. 

This may sound harsh but it is an accurate reflection of our visit.  

We did have a very nice walk from the station along the river and up to the back of the cathedral 

Edited by psychicsurveyor
I forgot fings