Bbc4 23.00

ChrisB

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

Is that Hull as in some far flung foreign land North of the Wash or hull as in between stem and stern?

I believe it covers both as in the bit "what keeps water out" and the city of Kingston on the banks of the River Hull.

Long ago two of us left Felixstowe docks with containers bound for the same place in Kingston.

In the morning I was parked outside the Delivery in Kingston-upon-Thames. My mate was in Kingston on Hull wondering why the locals had never heard of the industrial estate.

not to mention the village of Kingston in kent, my mother in law lives there and is always given early appointments at the Marsden in Sutton as they assume she is local, we have to leave about 6.30am to make them as its a good 2 hour drive at that time of day.

I watched this last night and enjoyed it very much. Interesting to see how so many  traditional crafts are apparently thriving, albeit in a very quiet way, in places like Hull. Also interesting to hear the reference to the IBTC at Lowestoft and their role in keeping traditional boatbuilding skills alive. Agree that the presentation was slow at times and a little bit "arty-farty" in places but Hull is yer "City of Culcher" innit.