What's In A Name?

Timbo

2 hours ago, Baitrunner said:

I used to work with a Danish guy called Bent. On his first meeting in London he walked into the room and said - " Hi, I'm Bent". Got some strange looks until everyone twigged. It's true and I still keep in touch with him.

,Richard Head is a common one, but at Uni, we had a guy called Alan Key, a friend called Michael Hamill, that would go down a treat, if you lost him in a Saudi Airport, " Has anybody seen Mike Hamill?"

Next door neighbour called their son Bailey, presumably what the mother was drinking at the time, I always thought it was cruel to name their daughter, "Old speckled hen" and their other daughter "Broadside"

Re the guy saying    I'm Bent, another said I'm Randi, I said I'm off lol.....

• Like 3

Penta Hotel,  London - 1982, (I'm working at Admiralty House, Trafalgar Square)  One evening we are in said hotel, one of our lot says watch this - Goes to a pay phone booth in the lobby, puts on a posh voice, rings the hotel receptionist asking her to get a message to a business colleague telling him that the he will be late arriving but it is most important he waits for him.   He rejoins us, a few moments later there is a broadcast over the hotels intercom system by the girly receptionist saying:-  'Will Mike Hunt come to reception'   Three times she put the call out, by then we were uncontrollable with laughter -  we got asked to leave, the receptionist she was nowhere to be seen as we left

Griff

14 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Penta Hotel,  London - 1982, (I'm working at Admiralty House, Trafalgar Square)  One evening we are in said hotel, one of our lot says watch this - Goes to a pay phone booth in the lobby, puts on a posh voice, rings the hotel receptionist asking her to get a message to a business colleague telling him that the he will be late arriving but it is most important he waits for him.   He rejoins us, a few moments later there is a broadcast over the hotels intercom system by the girly receptionist saying:-  'Will Mike Hunt come to reception'   Three times she put the call out, by then we were uncontrollable with laughter -  we got asked to leave, the receptionist she was nowhere to be seen as we left

Griff

That's the "Navy Lark" for you !! :naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 1

One of those occasions when you should use his full name lol, Michael Hunt, I bet there are loads of receptionists who are now aware of it.

I wonder if parents actually look at their child's proposed name, their shortened form, or their initials before choosing their name.

Best regards,

Ivor Biggan. lol