A New Me

On 15/04/2016 at 8:03 AM, LadyPatricia said:

Thought I'd share another bit of news with you lovely people.

The only way it is related to the broads is it may save me a few £££'s on diesel this season :razz:

At the end of January I decided enough was enough and I had to do something about my weight. Being diabetic and on blood pressure tablets at 46 and having aches and pains was getting me down. 

As a couple, Deb and I decided to join slimming world and we attended our first meeting on 28th January. 2 and a 1/2 months later my blood pressure pills have been dropped from 3 different pills per day to just 1 and after my annual diabetic check yesterday my sugars over the last 3 months and my cholesterol are the lowest they have been in the 3yrs since I was diagnosed.

in those 2 and a 1/2 months I have lost 2 stone and the physical changes can been seen as well. This is probably of no significance to most but I just wanted to share with you guys n gals. I feel so much better in myself and if any of you are thinking of losing a couple of pounds I can highly recommend slimming world. I've never eaten so much but the secret is eating the right things :D

The picture shows me at Christmas and as I am now.

cheers

Steve

image.jpeg

I`m sure i`ve seen that picture on Crimewatch recently :hardhat:

Seriously though, it`s good to hear that things are working out. I try not to take tablets, though i DO take them for a headache, it`s the only thing i will do. I`ve seen so many people rely on tablets, but often there`s another way, and it`s obvious you`ve found it.

I know (and i`m sure many on here will know) i`m very synical about a lot of things, but i saw something on faceache a little while ago, and i have to say, i think there`s something in it. It said the major Pharmasuitical companies have medicines that can once and for all cure certain illnesses and deseases, but won`t put them on the market, because they would lose the billions they make out medicines in ongoing treatment. 

It`s long be said that many forms of diabetes can be controlled by diet, Steve is an excellent example of that,

well done Steve.

And good health too.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Another update. As of yesterday I have now lost 4st 9lb (29.5kg) 

feelingso much healthier in general. So glad I did this and buying clothes in a high street shop is something I haven't done for years, had to buy larger sizes online.

still going, hoping to be at 5 1/2 loss by new year.

cheers

Steve

IMG_0686.JPG

• Like 12

Thanks again. Marina the shopping thing is quite a novelty. I was heavier than I am now when I left school over 30yrs ago. I'm getting used to it a bit too quickly though :naughty:

Alan, looking forward to it, truth is I probably still eat more than I should but just make a healthier choice.

W- I appreciate what you say, we spent 3 days on the broads eating in pubs and drinking and put on 3lb in a week. It goes on a lot easier than it comes off that's for sure :shocked

cheers

Steve

• Like 4

8 hours ago, LadyPatricia said:

W- I appreciate what you say, we spent 3 days on the broads eating in pubs and drinking and put on 3lb in a week. It goes on a lot easier than it comes off that's for sure :shocked

cheers

Steve

100% agree, takes a week to go on and over 3 weeks and counting to come off again, but the main thing is to keep it up, don't give up and make sure it never happens again (she says confidently)

• Like 2