Dog Tragedy

JennyMorgan

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/man_in_hospital_after_jumping_into_water_to_save_his_dog_on_the_broads_1_4496080

This one really does beg the question, is a human's life worth risking for that of a dogs? I can guess the answer to that one! Beyond that I know nothing more than what we can all read in the above link. My sympathy for the loss of the dog though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

is a human's life worth risking for that of a dogs?

Sitting calmly down and thinking about it the answer is a definite no.

However in the heat of the moment I'm not sure what I would do. However dogs are usually much more able to get out of trouble in water than humans. However, like us, they can't scrable up a sheer bank.

If a dog fell in around St Olaves, Reedham & Breydon It would be very unwise to enter the water .... the very thought of it makes me shudder!!

• Like 3

There is more to this than meets the eye. Drunk crew, obstructive to assistance, police called. All the details on the 'other' forum from Humber Coastguard:Sailing

My dog generally wears her life jacket outside onboard, unless she's sat on someone's knee or on her lead and harness tethered to the helm seat pedestal which we do when mooring up, she has been known to jump off the back as soon as the gaps small enough and go and have a look round on her own so as she can't be trusted the lead it is! 

With children and animals, and usually my parents my motto whilst on board is the 3 S's.

supervision supervision supervision! 

• Like 2