Did Any Of You See The Sunseeker Program Last Night

1 minute ago, riyadhcrew said:

I would like to have watched this Alan but it's only for the UK and it won't let me watch it here in Riyadh.

Hi Eric,

It's a pity about that. I liked the program especially when they were showing some new apprentices around the factory (just like looking around Brooms but on a far bigger scale) the guy showing the apprentices around showed them a process where staff were drilling holes into the hull, one of the new hopefuls asked what happens when I drill a hole in the wrong place rather than what happens if I drill a hole in the wrong place, I guess one to watch there.

Well done for now going over the thousand posts. I remember when I authorised your membership wondering should authorise you or not because of you location.

It is always good to see a decision made that turns out so well.

Regards

Alan     

• Like 1

It was a good program but annoyed me with the arrogance of some of the potential owners. 

Guess if your super rich you can be a very fussy ****!!

it did make we wonder how many of the buyers really knew anything about boats as it all seemed about getting more bling!

8 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Eric,

It's a pity about that. I liked the program especially when they were showing some new apprentices around the factory (just like looking around Brooms but on a far bigger scale) the guy showing the apprentices around showed them a process where staff were drilling holes into the hull, one of the new hopefuls asked what happens when I drill a hole in the wrong place rather than what happens if I drill a hole in the wrong place, I guess one to watch there.

Well done for now going over the thousand posts. I remember when I authorised your membership wondering should authorise you or not because of you location.

It is always good to see a decision made that turns out so well.

Regards

Alan     

Do the mods only authorise membership for those they can easily get hold of if they upset them? I'm thinking of moving to Timbuctoo!

• Like 4

Hi Johnb,

The mods or the tech team have to authorise or decline membership if the automatic spamware  software on the forum is unsure of the IP of the person trying to join the forum. If this is the case then we have to this manually after checking various IP checking sites.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Thank you for the explanation, Alan, unfortunately I am a complete ignoramus when it comes to the sort of things you have to do as mods. I honestly know nothing of IP addresses, although it seems I may have one! I have put it down as "A mods gotta do what a mods gotta do". And we are grateful for all you do. Move to Timbuctoo put on hold but bags packed just in case.

• Like 1

There was an interesting program on a while ago, all about luxury yachts. They talked to various people involved in the trade, ranging from sales, design, and owners. Most of the owners had no interest in actually travelling on-board, they would use them as mobile luxury accommodation. The crew would move the yacht between locations, the owner would fly in and live on-board for a few days. There was one chap looking to buy something to cruise the Med in, he was complaining that the drive to make the boats look more flash was having a negative affect on seagoing safety, things like sharp corners on fixtures and fittings. Its quiet impressive when you see Sunsskers facility at Poole, they look huge in real life, and only just fit in the boat sheds.

• Like 1

Agreed - the water wall was £10,000 of naff!  Great programme, but these people inhabit a different planet!  Many of these big beasts are on maintenance programmes, so that the owner is spending 20% or so of purchase price each year, just to keep it moored, staffed etc. The owners rarely enjoy the boat beyond a few stays aboard and maybe a brief trip... No comparison with the kind of boating most of us enjoy - with the exception of Griff of course, with his vast staff and crew... :naughty:

• Like 1