Royalls

NonTecky

On 19/04/2016 at 8:00 PM, TrevorAndDeirdre said:

Yes just seen this myself sad news indeed

We have hired a number of Royalls craft over the years, all were immaculate, you were always made to feel so welcome as well. A better boatyard I have yet to find.

Yes, the sad end of an era.

• Like 3

To echo the comments above, this is sad news indeed. I've only hired from Royalls once, being Royall Stuart for 2 weeks back in 2007 but I know from that experience what a superb business they are. I've considered hiring from them again since, especially as price-wise they compete very well with the big boys but boat availability in the week I want has always been an issue. I know they have legions of repeat hirers who book a year or more in advance. I've followed them closely over the years, both online and always enjoyed a wander up to the boatyard when I'm in Wroxham. I've also moored in their yard on several occasions, the location being a little oasis of calm away from all the floating traffic near the bridge. When I next visit the Broads in October I'll call in there and wish them all the best. I even have a Royalls boatyard mug with artwork by Nigel!

• Like 1

This is an absolute shame.  We have just returned from a week on Royall Satin and have another week booked in June and then 2 booked next year on Velvet II, after that, who knows where we will hire from.

I feel sorry for the staff as well but wish Sara & Nigel all the best.

I will be doing a writeup & video later but this may not be for a week or two.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...