Richardsons RC45 and RC35

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
the hull is nearly finished being layed up, I will get some photos and see if I can get them uploaded,

The rest is gradually coming along, we hope to step up the speed soon with two pattern makers coming back onto the plug who were refurbing French boats which are now in the fleet..

Did you ever discover why the plug got stuck as hard as it did Clive, and what have you done this time to try and alleviate the problem now you`ve got a proper moulding to release?. Regards ................. Neil.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Clive, when we moored in your yard last week, i was offered the chance to have a look at the superstructure plug, and the hull moulding. Even though the pictures you`ve posted on here are very good, they don`t show the fine details and intricate work that is going in to the project. I won`t say who showed me around, as i don`t want to be responsible for anybody getting the sack, but i am very grateful they did. It`ll be a stunning boat when finished. Regards .............. Neil.

Ah that was you was it Neil,!

as you say it is hard to get all the detail in the photos especially if I dont manage to get any up :oops:

Get yer self a new laptop for your wedding gift.

Have a Fantastic Wedding Tomorrow mate :clap

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Seeing as Brian said have a good day tomorrow on the 17th, you must be married by now, so congratulations to Mr & Mrs Richardson. Hope you`ve had a great day, and more importantly, i hope you are Honeymooning on Broadsventure. Regards ................ Neil.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Clive, now you`re back with us, can we have an update with some piccy`s if possible, as we`re all waiting with patient baited breath?. I hope you had a nice honeymoon by the way :clap:clap .

yep, I will download some photos soon, there has been lots of progress,

The party went well as we got married the day before, we should have a honeymoon soonish!(probably October time on BV I recon)

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
yep, I will download some photos soon, there has been lots of progress,

The party went well as we got married the day before, we should have a honeymoon soonish!(probably October time on BV I recon)

So if anybody sees Broadsventure 12 out on the rivers some time in October, make a nice gesture and take a bottle of wine to the happy couple, but provided they don`t break it over the bow of BV12 :lol: . You never know, you might get preferential treatment when the new RC45 is put in the fleet :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty: . Regards .............. Neil.

yep, I will download some photos SOON, there has been lots of progress,

Obviously been busy now that you are a married man! :lol::naughty::naughty::lol:

Come on Clive keep us up to date on progress, that was over a week ago! two gunstwo guns

Obviously been busy now that you are a married man! :lol::naughty::naughty::lol:

Come on Clive keep us up to date on progress, that was over a week ago! two gunstwo guns

hay Martin do you think if i had at least one boat every week thats not in hire if your lucky do you think i would be on here :lol::lol:

well if i did i still couldn't tare myself away from NBN

Jonny ice sliceice slice

[hay Martin do you think if i had at least one boat every week thats not in hire if your lucky do you think i would be on here :lol::lol:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

No you would be taking the spare boat out for a test drive!

(possibly going up to Wroxham to sort out that web-cam!)

No you would be taking the spare boat out for a test drive!

(possibly going up to Wroxham to sort out that web-cam!)

well if the spare boat is there might take me three days to get to wroxham three days back so if there boat is there i think it might be possible Martin :lol::lol::mrgreen:

Jonny ice sliceice slice

guys its the world cup!!!! and clive followes the dutch as do most broads boat yard owners as spain has nicked too many of their customers. :naughty: spare boat jonhny A boat would be nice :grin: anyone been to rickos have they moulded the first boat yet?. god iv glued my finger too the phone waiting for the first pic of the mould in the shed so we can book. its like waiting for the next harry potter book/film :clap

• 2 weeks later...

sorry guys, it has been quite a while since I put any photos up but we went away at the weekend and Caroline (the wife) put all my photos on her computer which is where I am now.

I seem to be missing a few photos but they may be on a disc from my broken laptop. anyway here are some of what I found..

The hull is now layed up but I will explain what layup we used when I take another photo,this just shows the start of the gelcoat going on, we put two layers on the hull sides chine and bows section, this makes scratches easier to deal with in the longer term and also allows us to compound and polish for more years before paint is necessary. in the picture the hoses are to extract the gasses given off, this gas is heavier than the air so it sinks to the bottom normally you would just use fans to blow it out.

the next photo shows the blending of the screen bases there has been plenty of filler used and in the last layers we add a liquid styrene to make the filler more runny. Also in this photo you can see the line of the screen, we have had to part build the canopy to make sure we get the screen bases correct these screen lines are part of the frames for the canopy and the actual line as opposed to where we skin the frames with 12mm MDF to get to the finished surface we wont be covering them as they are just a guide. The canopy should be lifted off next week so we can get on with the rest, the other reason the canopy plug is put together on the superstructure is so that we know it is the right size, there was some last minute changes done and fairly interesting modifications made to make the canopy run with 5mm clearance but I will show them probably when we get to the moulding stage.

there has been a bit of styling added to the front cabin roof, this is to carry on the line from the back of the canopy runner all the way to the front, I hope it is worth the effort because it has been a big chore to get right.

The next photo is another shot of the canopy frames going up..

The final picture of today shows the start of the aft toerail been formed, we have now had a cutter made and have spindled the whole toerail for the rest of the deck but not put it on yet, we have also started filling all the holes left from the screws and nails, we remove the screws so the filler sticks better, then the holes are countersunk and a clear sealer is applied.

post-503-136713732203_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713732223_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713732244_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713732263_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713732282_thumb.jpg

NIce to see work still progressing Clive, even in the busy season. May I ask what the 4 wonky lines are in the first photo though? They look like someone has put some chines into the mould with an angle grinder whilst slightly inhebriated!

thats looking brilliant

when you first showed us the design it dint show a stern door so i thought you might have gone with the side sliding door my god it looks stunning if i win the euros ill be the first to put my name down :mrgreen::mrgreen:

also where the windscreen is going looks to be a nice sleek line will you be putting braces there Clive or are you molding the fibreglass so it hold the screen in place?

Jonny ice sliceice slice