Richardsons RC45 and RC35

Not been on the funny fags, well not to my knowledge :)

The diesel tank will be on the port side with batteries stbd to compensate. engine near enough in the centre then water tank and toilet tank under the floor in the centre so that they can be got out if necessary.

the tanks will be in the middle amidships so that it wont make any difference how full thy are.

Well the sedan certainly looks a very smart and sleek design, and quite private in appearance which I'm sure will go down well with those wanting something a bit snazzy or dare I say it the more pretencious hirers out there :o

I would be quite concerned about the height though. I know I shouldn't as Ludham bridge nearby will ensure this is sorted if it needs to be so will look forward to see any alterations & improvements... it does look very smart

Dan

Is that one of the updated Colvic moulds from Zenon? Is Jimmy still there?

Zenon didnt own them(although they may have at some point) but were still advertising them for the bloke I got them from (Blackwater Motor Yachts) I think they had got them from Shetland boats who did not use them.

Jimmy at Zenon (who I dont know) is still doing his mouldings of the other Sunquest models.

one of our laminators saw them on Ebay!

Clive,

The floor bearer (dark brown bits) in the picture, will that now be removed and used to form another mold?

Ian :Sailing

it will be used to make the mould but we will make it in the hull so it keeps the right shape. it is only hot glued to the hull for a temporary fix but hopefully it will stay stuck when we release the mould so that we can use it to build the floor moulds on if not we will just make a fiberglass set and put them in place. The bearer plug has a flange on it allowing 7mm for the thickness of the fiberglass in the finished bearer and the bonding agent, which should fill between 2 and 10 mm gaps so we should be able, (with the use of jigs) to get the finished floor height the same every time.

the floor bearer plug for the front have now been made, we have made jigs for the finished bearers which locate onto the flange of the hull mould, this way the bearers are fitted to a hull which is still in the mould, therefore it has not settled and the bearers are in the same (right) place every time and maintain the shape of the hull and add strength. There are a few jigs for the bearers, I have shown one...

post-503-136713766546_thumb.jpg

post-503-13671376656_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Clive

looks impressive once you start building the boat up will you be using wooden bearers or be trying to mould some GRP ones?

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Hi Clive

since your going with my idea can i etch my name & DOB on the boat :naughty::grin::grin:

Jonny

Hi Jonny,

the short answer is no. :naughty:

people have been building boats with fiberglass floors for years, the problem is that they did not realize floors sweat and water holds where it should not be. does your boat not have fiberglass bearers and floor? all wilds built boats I know of had GRP floors.

Hi Jonny,

the short answer is no. :naughty:

people have been building boats with fiberglass floors for years, the problem is that they did not realize floors sweat and water holds where it should not be. does your boat not have fiberglass bearers and floor? all wilds built boats I know of had GRP floors.

worth a try :naughty::naughty:

not shure will have to check on that one i noticed that curlews engine mount is fibreglass comes in hands as an oil tray under the engine..

Mr Richardson these boats look absolutely beautiful.

I'd not even like to imagine the price tag on the 35...

But I suppose If i start saving now I may get one by the time i'm 50... :love:love:love:love

I had an update tour of the moulds and ongoing work with Clive about a week ago and not being a boatbuilder I was really impressed and amazed at the expertise and forward thinking of the team as a whole that goes into the work. Work that has been done and has to be redone because someone has thought of a snag or something that might happen in the future, as I say very impressive and it makes you realize why these things cost so much. Even important things like a hole in the dashboard so that Jonny could rest his coke tin had to be rethought and filled in.

And we are still making changes,

Its getting a bit late for things like this!!

we are mirroring the Morse control mount to give the option to have it either side of the steering wheel, it will also allow more room in the wardrobe and create a nice spot to mount the thruster control.

post-503-136713769718_thumb.jpg

we are mirroring the Morse control mount to give the option to have it either side of the steering wheel, it will also allow more room in the wardrobe and create a nice spot to mount the thruster control.

Clive i do like the single morse but if it made things much more easier i would have just fitted a side mounting one so if you were sitting down at the helm it would be on the left hand side near the knee like you have done with serenade.

Jonny ice sliceice slice

you will still have that option Jonny, it will be on the options list I will send you when I get your deposit. :)

please SIR i want some more

MORE!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

rings a bell :grin::grin: you neva

Jonny ice sliceice slice