Summer Summed Up

Hylander

2 hours ago, marshman said:

Although i know its not peak until the end of the week, you could have got on Ranworth today and about half 12, there was just 1 boat on Ranworth Island moorings - not that hectic then!!

So it's not just me then...but while I was down last week I thought 'hello it's a bit quiet'. Well to be honest in Lathems it was more like 'HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO HELLO! it's a bit quiet quiet quiet quiet quiet!' as it was empty and there was a bit of an echo. I swear there was tumbleweed rolling through Wroxham. At one point I thought I saw an 'Merkin wearing a ten gallon hat, until I realised I was staring at my own reflection and my two pint head in Roy's window.

Surely it can't just be a result of the lack of anything resembling summer? In times past I've seen folk from Goole sat in the precinct by the Rhond nursing their fish and chips in torrential rain until their mushy peas resembled soup and it did not stop their holiday.

I also noticed on my early morning rambles before breakfast a distinct paucity of the bobble hatted binoculared hedge tremblers and spuggie worriers we were promised would arrive in droves sans name change. 

• Like 1