Where's Summer Gone?

JennyMorgan

A week ago it was t-shirt & shorts, this morning it's t-shirt plus fleece. It's tiddling down at the moment, my intention to go fishing this morning abandoned. Is winter going to come early, are the early berries on my holly trees a warning? Temperatures have plummeted by over ten degrees after our recent hot spell.  Sea gulls, shy-talks, normally take to roosting on Oulton Broad late September onwards, this year their flocks are forming right now. Brrrrrrr, not really been a good summer & now winter is dropping big hints that it's around the corner. I was fishing late evening yesterday, I was glad to have a warm coat to hand! 

• Like 3

I was up at 5am this morning as my wife has a day at hospital and it was wet and cold on the north coast. It was only 12 C, if it drops below 10 then the grass will stop growing. The leaves are changing round the edges on our maple tree.

Would you southern softies, TheQ not included, stop complaining about the summer :norty: we have had ONE DAY of hot weather and that ended with a violent thunderstorm! I have had the heating on from time to time as well.

The parasol has not seen the fresh air this year....again! I do believe you will be nice n hot again very soon,  May I suggest a fortnight up in the Shetland Isles the highest its reached there this "summer" can be seen here..... http://www.accuweather.com/en/gb/lerwick/ze1-0/july-weather/330519

cheersIain

Iain, What idiot would move to the Shetlands other than to evade people or go into training for a polar expedition:bow:bow

Seriously I am sure it is very nice and I may visit it one day when it warms up a bit!!

Parasol used twice last weekend - once more than last yearcheers Hoping to use it this weekend though.

As for fishing JM - no sympathy and a big raspberry to you. Not had a chance to go once this year and no doubt I will have to wait until the winter and the cold for the Pikeys. Not a tench or bream has seen my hooks.

All you whingers get a grip as surely a cool day not at work (even if your not on the boat) is better than a scorcher when your in the office like some of us?:party::hardhat: 

(Chris B, no offence meant to you as I am sure you would rather not be taking the wife to hospital - all meant as a light hearted comment). 

• Like 2

Yes I should not complain. Next month it will be ten years since I last day dreamed out of an office window. I know some folk miss their work but not me.

Sure finishing at 56 clobbered the pension pot a bit but given my wife's  incurable health issues it was the best decision I ever made if I had kept going to 65 we would have had virtually no retirement together.

• Like 1

Hi Mark,

I am informed from a very good source, that a fair number of the "locals" in the Shetlands originated from down south to get away from the rat race.

I guess they must like chilling out in the cooler temps up there! :naughty: As for that four letter word, yup its hard work sitting on my leather recliner watching the Olympics and England making a fist of it at the Oval, so far. :party:

cheersIain

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bobdog said:

Summer has officially been banned by the Broads Authority.  I hear it's on the personal instruction of Mr. Packman against the advice of the members.

Ho HO, Ha Ha, bust me gut, tee-hee! PMSL, LOL , Chortle chortle, blast I wet myself! Silly boy!! 

• Like 1