Back To The Broads

Jonnie

Hello all.

Just popping in to say hi. I used to holiday on the Broads from 1971 - 1986 with my parents - Aston & Summercraft and latterly becoming a member and then crewing and mating on Albion before we moved down to Dorset in 1986.

I can't believe it has been 30 years, but I have booked a holiday for the family next May. Within a few days we decided that was too long to wait, so we've also booked this October half term as well! I can't wait to introduce my own lads to the Broads.

Anyway, hello one and all.

Jonnie

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Welcome from me also.It appears you to have the broads bug.I suggest  you take as many trips on the water  as you can.

Best wishes  ian

Hi Ian,

That sounds like the perfect antidote to this particular bug!

All best

Jonnie

4 hours ago, Hockham Admiral said:

Jonnie Hello from us and a warm welcome aboard the good ship NBN.     :welcome:

Where are you hiring from?     :wave

Hello Hockham Admiral,

Many thanks. We've gone for Rhapsody in October and Melody next May, both from Richardson's. I've only been on centre cockpit cruisers before so I am looking forward to some thing different.

Best wishes

Jonnie

11 hours ago, Jonnie said:

Hello all.

Just popping in to say hi. I used to holiday on the Broads from 1971 - 1986 with my parents - Aston & Summercraft and latterly becoming a member and then crewing and mating on Albion before we moved down to Dorset in 1986.

I can't believe it has been 30 years, but I have booked a holiday for the family next May. Within a few days we decided that was too long to wait, so we've also booked this October half term as well! I can't wait to introduce my own lads to the Broads.

Anyway, hello one and all.

Jonnie

Hi Jonnie,

Welcome to the NBN Forum:wave

cheersIain

5 hours ago, CaptainPugRush said:

Hello Jonnie,

Welcome to the forum...I'm quite new here myself.

Do you have any old pictures of your time on the Broads in the 70's 80's that you can share with us?

Love seeing old photos :wave

Hi Captain,

Thanks and welcome to you too.

Funnily enough my wife came back from seeing my mum yesterday with two photo albums that have a number of old Broads photos in them. Unfortunately Dad stuck them to the album, but I'll see if I can photograph them with my phone and see if they come out ok.

cheers

J

• Like 3