Getting Funny Looks.....

Cheesey

.....from my family.

Why?

Because I'm in the process of buying a sailing yacht and yet still hiring on the Broads this year and the next.

I get, " why, you've got a boat!"

And I reply, "Yes and you have a bed but you still pay out and sleep in another one somewhere else."

I don't get invited to many BBQ's with humour like that.

Still, I'm going to be one of those strange creatures that is part privateer and part hirer.

A bit like a liberal voter.

• Like 6

Seems fair enough, we have our own small cruiser, but as a couple now, we need our privacy, so if family come for the day, fine, but no room on board now for guests but if they wanted a family boat holiday, we would hire a boat, last one was from HW 

Funny though, as parents and grandparents, we not only pay for our own boat, but manage to pick up the full tab for the hire cruiser too.

lol.

• Like 3

For many years my parents owned a cruiser on the river Stort yet twice a year took out one of Royalls finest. They used to get funny looks too, but as a family, we're used to that!

They didn't want to move their cruiser to Norfolk as they thought it would look so much the 'poor relation' as it was 6' 10" beam but 32' long. (Creighton Inlander)

Anyway they liked the extra space that Royall Ambassador gave them..

• Like 2

Still, I'm going to be one of those strange creatures that is part privateer and part hirer.

I'm in the same 'Boat' and have been for the last 9 x years and counting, so welcome to the club

I have 2 x Jewels form H.W's hired for a long weekend this month accompanying 'B.A', then next month we have 2 x Jewels form H.W's again accompanying 'B.A' for our annual Lads Week, and I'll be skippering a Jewel again

Griff

• Like 2