Three More Sleeps

Mouldy

As per the thread title, three more sleeps and we will be hitting (metaphorically speaking) the A45/A14 and A11 for another week on the Broads.  I hope whoever has been on Grande Girl 1 this week, has looked after the old girl.

The family has increased by one member since last year and joining us for his first Broadland holiday is Harry, our son and his fiancee's baby, who is almost six months old.  Could be an interesting trip.

Our intention is to cross Breydon on Sunday and head for Beccles.  Due to unfavourable tides last year, we stayed on the Northern rivers, but will spend a couple of nights 'down south' before heading north again.

The weather forecast for Saturday into Sunday doesn't look too promising, but perhaps the wind will change.

Holiday tale will follow when we get back home, as usual and I have a brand new camera to try out, so I'm hoping that it sees plenty of action!!

If you see us, give us a wave!!

• Like 8

We were wild moored for a couple of nights last week, on the bank just below where the river splits for the Locks Inn or Geldeston. Absolutely fabulous as it was two of the hottest days we have had this year and the trees gave us some welcome shade. Much quieter down south although I think there are more hire boats making the journey across these days.