Broads Authority Suspect Curriculum

Timbo

I would like to add a couple of things, as Timbo has asked for our opinions :

I think there is too much emphasis on the "negative" effects of tourism to the area, especially concerning its effect on wildlife. They do not seem to understand that tourism is, and always has been, the life-blood of the whole place.

They are basing this "curriculum" on 30 schools in the "Broads area" so as to encourage them to understand the Broads. This forum understands, even if the BA don't, that those who love the Broads come from all over the country. How are your children, and grand-children, going to learn about the Broads? who is going to teach them?

You are, by bringing them here on a boating holiday!

I am sorry, but I think this whole curriculum to "Research practical and resource implications to create working links" is a complete waste of time and money.

Not only that, but it is not even presented in the English Language!

• Like 3

Fair comment is that, Marsh. I suspect that the school's already have their curriculum decided by some Whitehall seat polisher thus outside dabbling goes unnoticed. Whilst I wish the Wherry Trust future success I do rather hope that the Ministry of Misleading Propaganda (Broads) founders at the first opportunity and that the money is channeled elsewhere, hopefully somewhere rather more useful.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, quackers said:

"Please, miss!! Did the Vikings wear their helmets when they were digging out the broads?"

"No, Johnny. They used them to bail out all the water, so the broads didn't flood until the fourteenth century"

you missed out the magic word - Horned helmets, always a bugbear to viking re-enactors and historians - we have the victorians to blame for that one.