1980 Hoseasons Catalogue

SPEEDTRIPLE

2 hours ago, Broads01 said:

The Connoisseur features strongly,  justifiably so as it was ahead of its time and the 37 foot was already about 3 years old by then.  The 42 foot was new that season.  I like this pic because I have happy childhood memories of Salhouse as it was here before the mooring quay was added.  Bows on the sand and jump off! Sorry this scan isn't great. 

DSC_0062.JPG

HaHaHa!!! Mum has had a great time rustling that lot up! Dad's obviously asking where the lobster thermidor is. Still, suppose it knocks spots off my corned beef, tinned potatoes and peas.:)

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Regulo said:

HaHaHa!!! Mum has had a great time rustling that lot up! Dad's obviously asking where the lobster thermidor is. Still, suppose it knocks spots off my corned beef, tinned potatoes and peas.:)

I watching one of the 1960's Pathe films across on the Broadland Memories site with Arbi today. It was interesting to hear what a young man brought up in a different culture made of The Broads in a bygone era. His first reaction was 'why do they only show women cooking while the men do nothing'. As the Hoseasons film came on he was even more flummoxed by scenes of women enthusing over the 'cooking facilities'. When I popped back across to the NBN to read a message he caught sight of the Richardson's advert in the top corner. 'Look! Still the women do the cooking while the men do nothing. Fun? Freedom? She is working while they are putting bets on horses. Have they no respect?'.

And there was I thinking things had changed a bit.

• Like 4

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Jojoh said:

Hi I am looking for a Sunhunter class possibly Beever, crown cruisers or ripplecraft. Advert. It's It's steep Hull boat made in 1980 so would hope to be in an early 80's catalog.....

I think you might be thinking of these?

http://www.broads.org.uk/wiki2018/index.php?title=Boat_Details&BoatId=5460&BoatHistory=8650

There's something about that boat that just doesn't look right. I don't remember these I do remember the other similar looking sedan boat beaver had and quite liked them. Some ended up at Stalham as roving gem I think. But can't remember what they were called whilst in the bever fleet. 

Andy,

The smaller sedans at Beaver Fleet  were the New Generation class I believe they built about 25 for the Broads between 1972 and 1974 most however were moved to the French Beaver Fleet operation which may well have added even more. I think the French Beaver Fleet were separated from the Broads operation once they were taken over by Rank ( although it may be more complicated) laterly reunited under the Crown Cruisers company when they operated the Ripple craft/Beaver/Crown operations on the Broads. Some came back to the Broads and Thames Richardsons yards as Roving Gem and Gay Lady classes about 7/8 I believe.

Neil

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain said:

Andy,

The smaller sedans at Beaver Fleet  were the New Generation class I believe they built about 25 for the Broads between 1972 and 1974 most however were moved to the French Beaver Fleet operation which may well have added even more. I think the French Beaver Fleet were separated from the Broads operation once they were taken over by Rank ( although it may be more complicated) laterly reunited under the Crown Cruisers company when they operated the Ripple craft/Beaver/Crown operations on the Broads. Some came back to the Broads and Thames Richardsons yards as Roving Gem and Gay Lady classes about 7/8 I believe.

Neil

New generation, that's them. I always liked them. Cheers for the info. 

• 2 years later...

I believe this was my parents boat moored at Cantley. They did live aboard until they got too old. They gifted the boat to the local sea scouts. I’d love to know what happened to her. She had no name and was steel hull. Needed quite a bit of work done to her inside, especially the bathroom.

if anyone knows anything at all about her I’d really love to know.

Dad is no longer with us but my mum is and is now 82 and living in Shetland!

• Like 2

On 13/02/2017 at 20:27, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi all,  Yesterday, while working in our attic, i looked through one of the many containers to see what junk we`d been hoarding, and found a 1980 Hoseasons boating brochure. i`ve been wondering what happened to it, as i knew i would`nt have thrown it out. It`s amazing to look back, and see what was all brand new, and what are now very much regarded as "classic" broads cruisers.  I`m tempted to bring it on holiday when we`re on Lightning, so if anyone sees us afloat during the week from 22 April, and 1st July, you can come and look and see possibly your boat in earlier times.

Would you sell this ?