1980 Hoseasons Catalogue

SPEEDTRIPLE

Hi all,  Yesterday, while working in our attic, i looked through one of the many containers to see what junk we`d been hoarding, and found a 1980 Hoseasons boating brochure. i`ve been wondering what happened to it, as i knew i would`nt have thrown it out. It`s amazing to look back, and see what was all brand new, and what are now very much regarded as "classic" broads cruisers.  I`m tempted to bring it on holiday when we`re on Lightning, so if anyone sees us afloat during the week from 22 April, and 1st July, you can come and look and see possibly your boat in earlier times.

• Like 2

I'm looking for a colour scan from 1981,2,3 I'm on one off the boats I worked on. 1980 should have them in but I won't be on there I don't think.

Hoseasons sent me B&W copies in 06 but looking for colour.

The boats were Brindley, Smeaton, Rennie plus a few more and the names are engineers. The boats were listed under Leeds & Liverpool.

So if you check it out please or if anyone has a copy they could scan please.

I love the old brochures and buy from ebay when the price is right.  I have Hoseasons 1981 brochure which I treasure because it was the first year I visited the Broads as a child and our boat is in there.  Whilst so much of what was on offer to hire in those days has long gone,  it's fun to pick out the boats that still survive,  a few in the Richardsons fleet for example. 

8 hours ago, Broads01 said:

I love the old brochures and buy from ebay when the price is right.  I have Hoseasons 1981 brochure which I treasure because it was the first year I visited the Broads as a child and our boat is in there.  Whilst so much of what was on offer to hire in those days has long gone,  it's fun to pick out the boats that still survive,  a few in the Richardsons fleet for example.

Hi Simon, more than just a few in fact?.When you look at the Hamtons, the Buccaneers, the Bermudas and Carribeans, the DC30s etcetc, Richardsons are in fact doing more than anybody to keep these historical boats in the industry, and they're proving to be ever popular, both with new and old customers alike.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

sorry about any spelling mistakes folks, unfortunately, modern technology, and my fat fingers don't always go hand in hand.

Total sympathy Neil, every time I type Wroxham, spellcheck changes it to Wrexham.

We are afloat on both the weeks you are so will look out for you and give you a wave or even a pint! 

I'm too a hoarder of old brochures although I gave most of my Hoseasons ones away before they became worth anything so I have big gaps with theirs. I do have almost all Blakes brochures from just before the second World War to their merger  and a much smaller collection of Bradbeer, Broads Holidays, Pennant. and Moores.

Found Siddy's boats in a Blakes brochure but it just has one representative boat photograph and the individual boat plans.

Fred

1 hour ago, VetChugger said:

The one I never seem to see on Ebay is the smaller brownish book that Hoseasons used to send with your booking confirmation back in the 1970's. Was a real mine of information and even had a daily log to fill in!

This one perhaps?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hoseasons-Holiday-Hints-Handbook-1979-Norfolk-Broads-Great-Yarmouth-Lowerstoft-/182439935800?hash=item2a7a447f38:g:tqQAAOSwA3dYQXBH

On 2/14/2017 at 6:31 PM, ranworthbreeze said:

Were Siddy's boats Pennine Boats of Silden, if they were, we once hired with them.

Hi Alan, When in the Blakes brochure they were marketed as West Yorkshire Cruiser.

Mentioning the Leeds and Liverpool at Sisden does jog the memory. In the 70s, working for the RMC group, we had a rep for north Lancashire who left to start with his wife a hire yard there. I think his surname was Gober or Guber and not sure which of the two yards at Sisden it was.

Fred

• Like 1

The Connoisseur features strongly,  justifiably so as it was ahead of its time and the 37 foot was already about 3 years old by then.  The 42 foot was new that season.  I like this pic because I have happy childhood memories of Salhouse as it was here before the mooring quay was added.  Bows on the sand and jump off! Sorry this scan isn't great. 

DSC_0062.JPG

• Like 1

cheers Simon there I am in full technicolour lol, on the boat I didn't like & the rest of my family on Smeaton, Boulton was a 3/4 wide and no one would take that out except me as it had a mind of it's own. Brunell (bramah class) was like a speed boat, I painted it up for pictures and we took a couple of boats down the river for shots and on the way back the battery caught fire under me and had to use the powder extinguisher what a sodding mess. another clean down and then had to take it up the canal tied along side another for more pics. Only boat I've seen since was Smeaton last year on bricks in a yard near Foulridge.

• Like 2