So Long Chris..

Sorry to hear this Robin, deepest sympathies from Ems and myself, whilst we've never met, and you probably don't have a clue who I am, I feel I've come to know you through watching your videos again and again, and in a very small way, your dad as well. Keep strong, remember the good times and it's not a bad thing to have a good cry every so often, take solace from those close to you, it will get easier day by day, though as you say, it'll never be quite the same.

Look after yourself Rascal!

• Like 1

Our condolences Robin. We haven't met but as JamesLV said above we feel we know you a bit from your videos. I thought some of the trips that you did with your Dad were great...very warmly human in the way you basically got along but occasionally rubbed each other up the wrong way.

We're having a bit of a bumpy ride at present with my 90 year old Mum who lives with us. We thought she was leaving us last weekend but she pulled through and she's now been admitted to an Intermediate Care Unit to assess her needs, as we were finding it a bit difficult to cope without extra equipment to lift her.  I know there are a lot of moans about social care at present, but I can't fault the support that we've received recently.  The new 'rapid response' unit that they've set up turned up about two hours after I spoke to our Dr to get a referral.

Take care,

Helen

• Like 2

Sorry to hear this sad news,my thoughts are with you and your family.Many of us know people and family members (I certainly have) who we have sadly lost to the dreaded "big C" you know it's going to happen,but it doesn't make it any easier when it does

I remember one of your very early (might even have been very first) captains blogs was with your dad so he was there at the beginning of it all 

I'm sure he will be with you in spirit and memory every time you're on the Broads when you visit places where you went with him

• Like 1

I can't begin to reply to you all individually. but as a collective you've really shown how much care and kindness there is in the world and how fortunate I am to be a member of this Forum and be inspried by so many kind words and thoughts you've expressed.

Some of you I've met personally, others not but thank you for everyone to have taken the time to post here - really makes a difference :)

• Like 15

Been away for the weekend, Ihus off the forum so only just caught up with this piece of news, So very sorry for your loss. I lost my own dad to Alzheimers, so when he died I felt as if he'd  already been gone for years. It was about 5 years later, when I started to remember him as he had been before he became mentally ill that I started to mourn him, which was very strange. .Apparently  it's called secondary mourning.

very best wishes to you,

Carole