Stupidity On Boats

Bob48

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:10 PM, deebee29 said:

Good to see you posting again Stuart

hope all is well with you and yours 

Thanks for the message.

All well - working twice as hard for half the money.  Although to be fair my previous position and salary were a overinflated to epic proportions.  I realise now how lucky I was!

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 8:49 PM, grendel said:

now the next question is, I wonder if I can do bread on my little wood stove :-) I have done bread on a gas camping stove in the past.

You possibly do it in a Dutch Oven on the wood stove. How about trying to do some flatbreads? Just make a standard bread dough and flatten it out in a dry frying pan. They do it all over the Near and Far East.

I am considering just how much I have to carry to the campsite for the meet, and wondering if my tin box oven and bread making kit is feasible.

the oven I have is donkeys years old, but worked well in my camper van over a gas ring.

Twists Peter! Bread dough mixture...wrap it around a 'skinned' stick and toasted over the embers of a fire. Slide it off the stick and fill the middle with fresh strawberry jam...perhaps a little clotted cream!

• Like 2