The Lord Nelson - Reedham

• 2 years later...
On 22/04/2019 at 17:03, AlGoffen said:

Hi All;  I'm a stranger here, so thanks for reading, but know that the pub was owned by members of my family back in the 19th century and possibly up to the early 20th, ( tho I might be confusing the latter with a different Reedham pub ). 

So; I was wondering whether anyone had any historical information on the Nelson, going back any further?  Or I anything to do with the Goffen family.  They lived in Reedham until about the second world war and were a presence there for at least a couple of hundred years. 

Thanks again for reading, as I know that this is a little left field for the forum.

Al Goffen

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4129025553852337&set=p.4129025553852337&type=3

No added history I'm afraid, but just wanted to say I dined there a couple of days ago, with a little apprehension, but hobsons choice as the Ship is still closed. 

The meal was delightful, well presented, and good value. Staff very welcoming. I had liver and bacon, with mash, followed by honeycomb cheesecake. I will return. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAVIDH said:

No added history I'm afraid, but just wanted to say I dined there a couple of days ago, with a little apprehension, but hobsons choice as the Ship is still closed. 

The meal was delightful, well presented, and good value. Staff very welcoming. I had liver and bacon, with mash, followed by honeycomb cheesecake. I will return. 

Just for info they are closed on Mondays & open the rest of the week at Noon & moorings can be reserved in the front of the Pub (Not the 24 BA Moorings of course) 01493 700367

I had not been to Reedham  for six years until last Wednesday when I decided to return from Aldeburgh via Beccles and the ferry to cut out Oulton and Great Yarmouth.

I was struck by how run down parts of it looked around The Ferry and the eastern end of the Quay, not helped by The Ship being closed. 

The public Toilets, which are not old, were a disgrace.

1 hour ago, ChrisB said:

I had not been to Reedham  for six years until last Wednesday when I decided to return from Aldeburgh via Beccles and the ferry to cut out Oulton and Great Yarmouth.

I was struck by how run down parts of it looked around The Ferry and the eastern end of the Quay, not helped by The Ship being closed. 

The public Toilets, which are not old, were a disgrace.

Having visited the ladies in recent weeks I have to say they were spotless, plenty of toilet rolls and hot water and a drying machine.   However, which I have reported to the Parish Council none of the doors in the ladies close.  They are warped and need attention.   

• Sad 1