Dog Rescue

JennyMorgan

"Firefighters and the coastguard rescued a person on Salhouse Broad who got into difficulty in the water after entering to save a dog.

Winterton coastguard, Hemsby Inshore Rescue Service and fire crews from Wroxham and Carrow, with water rescue equipment, were called to Upper Street in Horning just before 11.50pm on Thursday night.

They helped a person who had entered the water to rescue a dog, but got into difficulty themselves.

The East of England Ambulance Service was called, though no-one was seriously injured"

The above is the quote from the EDP,  Just why would Hemsby Inshore rescue Be called to Horning Upper Street to rescue someone in Salhouse Broad?

Horning Upper Street is Not on the river, Lower Street is, anyway Why launch In Horning, surely  Wroxham broad would be nearer.

Or Is the EDP getting it wrong again?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oi We're not posh Like Wroxham:default_gbxhmm:, Horning is a Sailing club:default_sailing: not a yacht club, we'll let in anyone (including me).

:default_stinky:One week to go and I get bacon Sarnies for a week, although I have to pay for them, I will get free tea and coffee as I'll be on Rescue boat duty..:default_stinky:

Our bacon sarnies ( and tea and coffee)  are vastly cheaper than Wroxham anyway, because we have no paid staff.

:default_sailing:The HSC regatta week:default_sailing: from  31st July to the 4th August drop in to see what we do, we'll probably charge you 50 or 60p for a coffee though:default_icon_luvlove:

• Like 1

The sailing school at HSC takes children from the age of 8 upwards, but you need to ask about it the year before as they are very well booked up. IIRC Thursday evenings, with the odd event for them on a Saturday. it operates May to September -ish and because it's all run by volunteers not hugely expensive..

5 hours ago, HemsbyPie said:

And Horning Yacht Club / The Swan make us bacon sarnies when they're open :1310_thumbsup_tone1: Wroxham yacht club are a bit tight on that front!

They should be ashamed of themselves. Perhaps if you ask for a little scrambled egg, smoked salmon and caviar you would be in with a shout (pardon the pun)

• Like 1