Whitlingham Country Park

Just seen this at whitlingham , no idea who is doing the spraying or indeed where they have sprayed , the bit I find a bit annoying is that there is a potential risk to health not human and animals and in such a public place , I voted for the short leash and no licking of anything by team dog .

It may well be that that's the only chemical that will do the job who knows but I really think more information should be on that poster and at least a name of who is doing the work , incidentally the area is the path between the 2 broads from the outdoor centre to the car park .

IMG_20170724_124959.jpg

2 hours ago, grendel said:

a contact number on the poster would be useful too, otherwise if your dog got sick and you took it to the vet - the first question would be what was being sprayed?

Exactly 

Wonder if its related to the following story? Could it be some enterprising individual trying to keep people on the footpath? Now who manages the park? And I wonder if they know about the signs? Normally you have to be very careful about what chemicals get sprayed in a National Park. :default_coat:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/environment/durex-wrappers-and-dog-mess-not-what-you-expect-at-a-county-park-1-5111093

11 minutes ago, kfurbank said:

Wonder if its related to the following story? Could it be some enterprising individual trying to keep people on the footpath? Now who manages the park? And I wonder if they know about the signs? Normally you have to be very careful about what chemicals get sprayed in a National Park. :default_coat:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/environment/durex-wrappers-and-dog-mess-not-what-you-expect-at-a-county-park-1-5111093

Well from what I can see those pics are not of the country park , I have walked this place many many times sometimes 6 times in a week n never ever seen a NCC wheely bin and trust me both me and team dog know exactly where all the doggie poo bins are , as far as I know whitlingham park is further down whitlingham lane just above freedom boats on the opposite bank obviously .

As far as trying to keep folk on footpaths its not for that I'm quite sure of that , management of the country park is down to BA so I was told by them this afternoon but unfortunately I ran out of time to ring the local ranger today so that's a call to be made tomorrow , as for being careful as to what's being sprayed that extremely true , as far as I'm concerned nothing that can affect any animal should be sprayed anywhere but in a pubic place its very much not on , humans can read animals can't , if its dangerous to animals then the path needs closing disclaimers that don't state whose doing the work or what the chemical is are of no use at all and certainly wouldn't help an owner or worse still a  vet having to deal with a sick animal .

Bit of an update , iv spoken to yge BA ranger that mostly looks after whitlingham and it turns out its not dangerous to animals and the signage was wrong , I did point out it would be better to know who was doing the job n its not often BA miss an opportunity to put up a notice with broads national park on it :default_biggrin: ,still problem solved though still for the life in me see those EDP picks are of the country park I've never seen littering on that scale and there are 4 poo bins around the great broad so real no excuse for poo bags in trees etc .

All well that ends well so to speak .

56 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

still for the life in me see those EDP picks are of the country park I've never seen littering on that scale

Interesting, isn't it? You could almost wonder whether the media had accidentally tipped a pile of refuse on the bank, and then filmed it.

It would not be the first time, on the Broads.

Just now, Vaughan said:

Interesting, isn't it? You could almost wonder whether the media had accidentally tipped a pile of refuse on the bank, and then filmed it.

Its more than possible , highly likely its the EDP getting the location wrong , to be honest I'm surprised that some of the journalists actually find the EDP offices they are hardly renowned for getting locations correct :14_relaxed:

7 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

A bit further upstream beyond Carrow Rail Bridge and you will find the rubbish filled bank on the right, looks like a front room, but without the room!!  

• Thanks 1

Just now, dnks34 said:

A bit further upstream beyond Carrow Rail Bridge and you will find the rubbish filled bank on the right, looks like a front room, but without the room!!  

Oh yea that I see it often , n yea make my bloody boil that not how living afloat should be that's dossing and on council land too :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

2 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Oh yea that I see it often , n yea make my bloody boil that not how living afloat should be that's dossing and on council land too :default_2gunsfiring_v1:

I think the area belongs to LS, over the last few months more and more stuff appears on the bank, first one sofa then another and the lastest is a large flag, I also think they have a small plastic green house for growing some of that funny stuff.

I think later this year building work is due to start on the car park area so when they come to sell the houses I think they might want them gone.

I for one could not stand the constant smell of mint I would be straight down the buchers for a bit of lamb. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brundallNavy said:

I think the area belongs to LS, over the last few months more and more stuff appears on the bank, first one sofa then another and the lastest is a large flag, I also think they have a small plastic green house for growing some of that funny stuff.

I think later this year building work is due to start on the car park area so when they come to sell the houses I think they might want them gone.

I for one could not stand the constant smell of mint I would be straight down the buchers for a bit of lamb. 

I can't believe they have been allowed to stay there so long , even got one that used to be moored at ABC warfe , mooring must be cheaper there , I'd be very surprised if there ain't any growing as it were going on .