The Longest And The Shortest Walk.....

Wyndham

....from boat to bar.

1) Shortest walk from a BA mooring to a pub bar?

2) Longest walk from a BA mooring to a pub bar?

3) Shortest walk from a non BA mooring to a pub bar?

4)  Longest walk from a non BA mooring to a pub bar?

Non BA mooring = a recognised mooring location, wild moorings not allowed.

Northern broads only, just for fun, no prizes on offer, try  not to use google maps.

Plus, I don't know the correct answers, I'll let you know what I think later.:default_beerchug:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Broads01 said:

OK I'll go for

1 Coltishall Common

2 St Benets Abbey

3 Stokesby Ferry pub mooring

4 Salhouse Spit (because you'd have to swim as well or doesn't that count?) 

I only had 1 of those in my answers, and obviously it weren't no 4 :default_biggrin:

• Like 1

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

Here go's

1. Coltishall Common, the bit immediately to the right of the pub mooring at the end of the car park to The Rising Sun.

2. Paddys Lane to The White Horse Neatishead. I think Scare gap and How Hill are close second's

3. The Rising Sun pub mooring, probably beats The Stokesby Ferry if taking the most direct route via door to bar. Not trying to be too competitive here :default_biggrin:

4. The Stracey Arms to The Kings Head or Bridge Inn Acle

I must admit to being at a disadvantage here, not really frequenting many of the Broadland's pubs :default_eusa_naughty::default_rofl:

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
7 minutes ago, Wyndham said:

My guesses.

1 Coltishall

2 Belaugh

3 Ferry Inn Horning (might need some research to find the correct answer):default_drink_2:

4 Stracey Arms moorings

2. I'm fairly convinced having done the walk that Paddy's lane to The White Horse Neatishead is longer than Belaugh to Coltishall. Even How Hill to either Catfield Crown, or The Dog Ludham would be longer I think?

3. I think a measuring tape will be needed for The Rising Sun, Stokesby Ferry , The Swan Horning, or The Ferry Horning. I think The Stokesby Ferry is marginally longer because the doors are on the side of the building adding that few extra feet to the journey.

:default_beerchug:

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

During the 3RR one year I cycled from St Benets to The Horning Swan for the start, then cycled to The Ferry to see them go past there, before heading to Ludham bridge for the turn marker, then onto Potter for the bridge fun and games and a well earned pint, before cycling back to St Benet's for a BBQ. Far safer way to watch, than attempting to move the boat!

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

No 2. Coltishall Common to any pub/bar in Great Yarmouth. Well you didn't specify the nearest pub or bar! :default_norty:

Me = :default_dunce: ... You win :8_laughing:

Actually had a think while playing bad golf today and cockshoot to fur and feathers must be a contender for No. 2

I reckon Catfield Staithe to the Crown in Catfield village is a contender for number 2.  Was gutted when some years ago I made that walk, arriving at the pub at 6.00pm on a Sunday evening to find it didn't open until 7.00!  And how would you walk to a pub from Deep Dyke, Deep Go Dyke or White Slea moorings?  Oh, sorry, I forgot, most of you are in boats too big to get up there :default_beerchug:

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
3 hours ago, Bobdog said:

I reckon Catfield Staithe to the Crown in Catfield village is a contender for number 2.  Was gutted when some years ago I made that walk, arriving at the pub at 6.00pm on a Sunday evening to find it didn't open until 7.00!  And how would you walk to a pub from Deep Dyke, Deep Go Dyke or White Slea moorings?  Oh, sorry, I forgot, most of you are in boats too big to get up there :default_beerchug:

Have done similar but from Catfields other staithe Woods End. Moored there for the first time a number of years back and took the walk into The Crown, only to arrive at 3pm and find that they closed between 3 and 6 :facepalm:

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

Hmm, in that case my answer to number 3, would be to get The Southern Comfort to moor at Woodbastwick and sit at the bar, distance zero feet. :default_beerchug:

Alternatively if we stretch the definition of a pub, then would The Wroxham Hotel mooring and bar count for number 3?

Or as Belle Of the Broads, came in to Horning sailing club on a emergency, during regatta week, which is an open event. Had the bar actually been open at the time, 1 and 3 at the same time. (These days HSC has it's own licence, but in days gone past they operated as an extension of The Swan).

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
1 minute ago, TheQ said:

Or as Belle Of the Broads, came in to Horning sailing club on a emergency, during regatta week, which is an open event. Had the bar actually been open at the time, 1 and 3 at the same time. (These days HSC has it's own licence, but in days gone past they operated as an extension of The Swan).

But it is not an official BA mooring so cannot count as 1, or are you suggesting it is an overlooked BA mooring. That would be handy for my next visit to Horning. :default_norty::default_beerchug:

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

Perhaps I'll bring a made up BA sign with me and stick it in the grass and create my own temp 24hr overnight mooring at HSC. :default_norty::594c04ff2c94f_default_policesmiley::default_eusa_naughty:

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
1 minute ago, donnygeoff said:

Surely the longest would be something like moor at Yarmouth and then walk to the Cross Keys at Dilham.....

:default_beerchug:

I'd assumed Wyndham meant the longest walk to the nearest pub from a mooring!! :facepalm::default_jumelles: