Hard Ahead, Hard Astern!

JennyMorgan

Just now, JennyMorgan said:

The dreaded yellow tops, complete with a trail of Bud or Stella cans astern!

When they come charging down the Ant on a Saturday afternoon they present a fearsome prospect.

Most of them don't know what they are doing, or in my case, are doing it with a glass of wine in one hand!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dave Beard said:

To try and sum up Broads boating types we have " The brundall brigade, The raggie brigade, the bathtub brigade, the hire brigade, the day boat brigade and all an sundry between lol

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

According to Charlie Griffin aboard the good ship BA there is a type that you've omitted, that is the inconsiderate husband of Mrs Head, Richard, previously known as Dick, he wot runs his engine before seven o'clock let alone eight in the morning and wakes up all and sundry. Perhaps he and his kind should be referred to as the DH Brigade, or should it be the DH navy? Just a thought, The Stalham Navy has a classy ring about it!

• Like 1

I would just like to say that I am a very proud member of the bath tub brigade, zig zagging on the Ant on a Saturday afternoon in the summer with a glass of wine in one hand, waving like a woman possessed at every passing craft (including the flappy thingies) with the other. Run our engines at silly o clock and have a BBQ on the gas locker but definitely no Bud or Stella (Howard would have a coronary) :default_norty:

Grace

• Like 4
  • Haha 1