A Wonderful Bit Of Timing!

Polly

I sew, it's a big thing with me and a lifelong hobby; and just like your super woodworking tools guys, the machines in my life are significant.

I have grandma's treadle machine, bought in 1910 for a princely £10 and used ever since, by her and then by me. I have a Husqvarna Viking electric, bought with the small legacy from my other grandparents and used for everything from lace evening dresses to boat covers.

Recently my best friend died, leaving me a small personal bequest. I decided to get an overlocker and an embroidery machine as a way of remembering her too. 

Overlocker duly bought, and not mega bucks, but the embroidery machine! These are in a different league. I did my homework ages ago, and chose the one that I really wanted, then sat down to consider the expense!  It's a top make and exactly what I want. The cost is uniform across suppliers, I have checked this all out for weeks.

I spent much of today looking at YouTube clips of all the things I might do with this gizmo, hmmm time to chat to a supplier and ask about design transfer formats and stuff like that. 

Salesperson 'Have you rung about the offer?' 

Me ''No, what offer?' 

Him '£500 off today only it's a Europe wide offer for just one day on this model, it was on the Shopping Channel'

Me 'Argh!!!!! I'll get my card!'

Thrilled doesn't cover this, it's due next week. 

• Like 10

...begins a long list of items requiring embroidery to send to Polly...

Excellent news Pauline, looking forward to you posting the results! Ben Gunn has two Husqvarnas that I use. Lawnmowers! I bought Ellie an overlocker last year, but she's not had chance to use it.

• Like 1

Congratulations! A friend of mine bought an embroidery machine a year or so ago! He gets a steady trade in holiday uniform for my various broads trips! You will have a blast using it. It really appeals to me from the computer aided manufacture side of things! Can't wait to see what you produce!

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1