The Broads Or France?

JennyMorgan

Iv no idea why it need to be done this EDP piece in fact I was one of the first approached and turned it down knowing full well how much of a potential target I would make myself to certain forums .

Thing is some flatly refuse to follow the rules and mess up the bank's etc and I can see BA's point of view to a degree as it look very unsightly in certain areas , other than that there are those that go about their daily business and  cause no harm or inconvenience to anyone and its the fact that some can't see that difference that really winds me up .

3 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Mr Weston does seem to thrive on drawing attention to himself. 300 collisions in only 4 years, I haven't managed anything near that in over 60 years on the Broads!

Yep that's a lot if collision's my vest is 3 times in 2hrs at reedham but iv not been hit anywhere near as many a 300 in 8 yrs of day in day out boating probably more like 20 maximum .

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

If not at Wroxham, then frequently at Stalham on the staithe which is notoriously difficult for boats to turn around there, or at Sutton near the electric posts, another notorious turning spot. I guess it's the price you pay for "living the dream" 

Personally I prefer to choose my mooring spots a little more carefully and return the boat to the safety of the marina between visits, but each to their own.

16 minutes ago, vanessan said:

It seems Mr Weston spends a lot of his time moored at/near Wroxham so I’m really not surprised his boat gets hit quite frequently.

12 minutes ago, KingfishersTime said:

If not at Wroxham, then frequently at Stalham on the staithe which is notoriously difficult for boats to turn around there, or at Sutton near the electric posts, another notorious turning spot. I guess it's the price you pay for "living the dream" 

Personally I prefer to choose my mooring spots a little more carefully and return the boat to the safety of the marina between visits, but each to their own.

That will be why he's no where near either location the will it not he's actually at potter , then again there are many people who go out every weekend and always go to the same places , because someone goes some where a lot it shouldn't matter really as long as they abide by the rules .

2 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

That will be why he's no where near either location the will it not he's actually at potter , then again there are many people who go out every weekend and always go to the same places , because someone goes some where a lot it shouldn't matter really as long as they abide by the rules .

Yes, as long as they abide by the rules. Enough said.

• Like 1

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
3 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Ricardo, You know as well as I do that he has just posted a video from Potter, and yes he may be there today. You also know as well as I do that he has spent most of the Summer bouncing around the various moorings of Wroxham and Hoveton and making videos of people running engines and complaining about being hit. The evidence is on his own forum.

It is probably one of the worse places to moor at for a chance of being hit, so why choose to stay there for a long period of time and then moan about the consequences?

I think it fair to say that Miles is a bit of a "Marmite charactor" Like many, I have met him and although he was quite abrasive I got on with him OK, or at least I felt I did.

I will not jump in to condem him, though nor will I defend him out of hand. I might be tempted to say he can be his own worst enemy, however I see this thread as being more about the EDP than Miles himself. For the life of me I do not understand the paper running this feature, it is one mans view, one mans opinion, and worse still, one mans input. This is not journalism, this is page filling, and the EDP should be ashamed  for filling it's pages in such a manner. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Guest ExMemberKingFisher
5 minutes ago, Bound2Please said:

Come on guys lets keep it friendly, each to their own I say.

Charlie

Can I ask why the need for that statement? So far I don't see anything unfriendly on this thread. However that statement alone is enough to raise hackles. It is totally unnecessary.

There was a pattern developing before Christmas which I am heartily sick and tired off. I make a post, Ricardo quotes my post, I respond within the T.O.S and then cue a mod with a warning about keeping it friendly. I purposely as a gesture of goodwill did not respond to Ricardo's baiting before Christmas and stopped posting.

If you don't want me posting here then simple please remove my account. If you leave it open then I will continue posting. Enough is enough.

29 minutes ago, KingfishersTime said:

Ricardo, You know as well as I do that he has just posted a video from Potter, and yes he may be there today. You also know as well as I do that he has spent most of the Summer bouncing around the various moorings of Wroxham and Hoveton and making videos of people running engines and complaining about being hit. The evidence is on his own forum.

It is probably one of the worse places to moor at for a chance of being hit, so why choose to stay there for a long period of time and then moan about the consequences?

Oh I'll accept that the spots he chooses are famous for getting hit that's exactly why I keep well away form them .

Now moorings wise as far as I'm aware there is nothing within the broads act and by laws that prevent moving from one location to another and if you wish back again as long as 24 hrs have elapsed n trust me many many none life afloat full time private owners do exactly this  , and yet as soon as anyone who lives afloat full time does it then its wrong , please show me where it is breaking any bylaw ? 

13 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

I think it fair to say that Miles is a bit of a "Marmite charactor" Like many, I have met him and although he was quite abrasive I got on with him OK, or at least I felt I did.

I will not jump in to condem him, though nor will I defend him out of hand. I might be tempted to say he can be his own worst enemy, however I see this thread as being more about the EDP than Miles himself. For the life of me I do not understand the paper running this feature, it is one mans view, one mans opinion, and worse still, one mans input. This is not journalism, this is page filling, and the EDP should be ashamed  for filling it's pages in such a manner. 

I think if I remember correctly it was back in march when the asked me , its taken quite a while to find someone who was prepared to do it and even then I was asked for input , I'd rather keep to myself than do something of this nature but that's IMHO.

1 minute ago, Ricardo said:

Oh I'll accept that the spots he chooses are famous for getting hit that's exactly why I keep well away form them .

Now moorings wise as far as I'm aware there is nothing within the broads act and by laws that prevent moving from one location to another and if you wish back again as long as 24 hrs have elapsed n trust me many many none life afloat full time private owners do exactly this  , and yet as soon as anyone who lives afloat full time does it then its wrong , please show me where it is breaking any bylaw ? 

I would just like to add here that in November I saw High Seas moored at the Hoveton moorings three days in a row, that is surely against the bye-laws. Of course people move from one location to another, isn’t that why the moorings are provided??

7 minutes ago, KingfishersTime said:

Can I ask why the need for that statement? So far I don't see anything unfriendly on this thread. However that statement alone is enough to raise hackles. It is totally unnecessary.

There was a pattern developing before Christmas which I am heartily sick and tired off. I make a post, Ricardo quotes my post, I respond within the T.O.S and then cue a mod with a warning about keeping it friendly. I purposely as a gesture of goodwill did not respond to Ricardo's baiting before Christmas and stopped posting.

If you don't want me posting here then simple please remove my account. If you leave it open then I will continue posting. Enough is enough.

Baiting !!!!! Where ? I do not do that , I might have a different point of view but I do not bait people n maybe its post like that that cause mods to pop up its totally not required .

2 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I would just like to add here that in November I saw High Seas moored at the Hoveton moorings three days in a row, that is surely against the bye-laws. Of course people move from one location to another, isn’t that why the moorings are provided??

Well did you report it ????? Its outside the rules I stated isn't it surely .

24 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Well did you report it ????? Its outside the rules I stated isn't it surely .

I am not, nor ever shall be, in the habit of reporting misdemeanours unless they are adversely affecting me or other people. As the moorings were virtually empty being November, no harm was being done. If we all went off reporting every little thing to the BA, they would be spending too much time checking things out unnecessarily. I am sure you would agree with that Ricardo. I just used the event as an example of ‘rule bending’. 

• Like 2