Moon Discovery

Been visiting the Broads for over 20yrs and this year decided to treat myself to a bit of luxury so have hired Moon Discovery with Richardson’s Stalham. I’ve searched YouTube for reviews and videos but haven’t been able to find anything, can anyone suggest where to search?

I am afraid I can’t help with the boat either, but will be keen to see the responses as it’s one I dream of hiring in the future as ‘treat’ also.

I think she is the one that you can take dogs on? 

• Thanks 1

I wouldnt worry about there not being a lot of information out there, the boat I am hiring in a few weeks for the may meet, is an old woodie, and I could only find 3 exterior shots online of the boat that been around since the 1960's. there will be more pictures available after my holiday though.

5 hours ago, geestarr01 said:

Been visiting the Broads for over 20yrs and this year decided to treat myself to a bit of luxury so have hired Moon Discovery with Richardson’s Stalham. I’ve searched YouTube for reviews and videos but haven’t been able to find anything, can anyone suggest where to search?

Looks a real posh boat.  Just looked at the cost of hiring her, should we ever want to.  The only week that would appear to have been available is 25/5 to 1/6 and for the two of us and Rosie it would be £2200! 

Makes the 3k for 8 weeks in Moonlight Shadow seem even more good value. 

Guess when the shares sell we won't be in the market for such boats any more.

21 minutes ago, SueH said:

Looks a real posh boat.  Just looked at the cost of hiring her, should we ever want to.  The only week that would appear to have been available is 25/5 to 1/6 and for the two of us and Rosie it would be £2200! 

Makes the 3k for 8 weeks in Moonlight Shadow seem even more good value. 

Guess when the shares sell we won't be in the market for such boats any more.

This is a really good point, syndicates seem to be very good value!!! Unfortunately we are limited to school holidays as of this September, so wouldn’t work for us. 

This is a really good point, syndicates seem to be very good value!!! Unfortunately we are limited to school holidays as of this September, so wouldn’t work for us. 

Some of the syndicates have school holiday shares- I have one :-)

And in my experience in another syndicate people would often swap their school holiday weeks to avoid the peak times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, oldgregg said:

Moon Discovery is basically the same as Carousel, and is similar to Broadsman but with a dining area in place of the mid cabin. You'll probably find plenty of reviews for those.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Looked for reviews of similar boats on YouTube but found nothing