How Many?

Meantime

Interesting article on pub closures. What really caught my eye was the bit that said Broadland has lost 15 pubs since 2010! I can think of pubs that have closed, but since 2010 possibly only The Berney Arms. Can you think of anymore since 2010? Perhaps they counted The Swan Ingham?

The Wherry at Langley, The Ferryboat Norwich riverside, The Barton Angler Neatishead, The Railway Reedham, have all closed prior to 2010.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/145-pubs-and-bars-close-in-norfolk-since-2010-1-5632487

Thankfully I think Broadlands pubs at more stable than they have been for some time.

Maybe, they're also counting pubs that have closed temporarily, but opened again. The 'Ferry' at Horning had such a closure, as I believe did the 'Beauchamp Arms' and the 'Broadshaven' too. On a personal note, I was sad to see the 'Queens Head' at Burgh Castle close. I heard an application was made, to build on the site, but was rejected. I hope the pub re-opened, as it was once my 'local'. The only riverside pubs I really miss, closed quite some time ago, the 'Ship' at Beccles and 'Anchor' at Coltishall (I always remember, the lovely sociable moorings there).

Edit: 'Vanessan' beat me to it... (too slow again!).

A lot of pubs are now restaurants, maybe they are counting them.

A bar has a pool table, dartboard, dominoes ,  a tv with either football,rugby ( strictly 6 nations) horse racing and I suppose golf or tennis on if Wimbledon or the open are happening. :default_icon_mrgreen:, it becomes a pub, if there is a lounge for the fairer sex, so they can drink their fruit juice and plan next weeks dinners, :default_fishing2:

otherwise, it is a restaurant, which also serves beer at 3 times the price , or wine at 6x. :default_icon_eek: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2