Milvus Milvus Seen Today.

Wussername

RT-Ben-Hall-rspb-images.com_.thumb.jpg.db7de29631b9953912f052066217f17c.jpg

Picture: RSPB

So good to see, that they're gradually making their way from 'The Chilterns' over to East Anglia. I've seen a few this year in East Essex and Suffolk. Beautiful and graceful in flight... :12_slight_smile:

They have a very good PR company working for them  who sells the fact that they are exclusively carrion eaters with a few earth worms for afters. They will and do however take ground chicks such as pheasant and partridge and small mammals.

Below where I used to live, in The Chilterns, the children of Wattlington primary had to stop eating their packed lunches outside as they thought the food was for them.

I have seen them at East Runton, near to Trunch and Sidestrand here in Norfolk.

40 minutes ago, kingfisher666 said:

RT-Ben-Hall-rspb-images.com_.thumb.jpg.db7de29631b9953912f052066217f17c.jpg

Picture: RSPB

So good to see, that they're gradually making their way from 'The Chilterns' over to East Anglia. I've seen a few this year in East Essex and Suffolk. Beautiful and graceful in flight... :12_slight_smile:

Research suggests that there is movement between The Chilterns, Wales and The Black Isle. So sightings can be of birds in transit.

_46482007_003398358-1.jpg.73322efa607fd7ce156e82e6e79594b5.jpg

9 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Joking apart, I saw one there in may, At Surlingham Ferry.

Loads along The Thames Valley from Maidenhead all the way to Oxford and beyond. There are flocks of these chaps between Cookham and Henley as well.

While i was shooting on a Sunday afternoon in Cranborne School playing feild, one of the club members shouted out to us all to look to the North of the feild. What we saw was a Red Kite flying about 40ft above us and simply gliding along. It was so wonderful t watch. Then a few days later, it was there again, but we have`nt see them lately.