Is It Too Early To Mention The 'c' Word Yet?

Cockatoo

Spent Boxing day to 2nd of January a few years ago on Moonlight.

The weather was very good, blue skies nearly every day; 45 minutes light rain in the whole week. Clear skies meant cold nights but we were comfortable enough without having to leave the heating on all night.

Enjoy Moonlight, she's a lovely boat.

Roy

ps we had a real bonus; we spotted a bittern moving slowly through the reeds on the Buckenham side of the Yare.

We went into Beales in Lowestoft a couple of days ago. Went upstairs to be greeted by a fully dressed Christmas tree and all the decorations and gifts on sale. I daresay it's the same in other places. Noticed the Christmas department in John Lewis was up and running when I went in there a couple of weeks ago.

On a recent visit to NE England & Scotland I was able to buy two Christmas Puddings & a supply of good sweet mincemeat.
Since one of the puds is good into early 2020 we are set up for the next two Christmases even if BREXIT prevents my visiting the UK or the import of Christmas puds (at one time rumoured to set off the explosive detectors at Manchester airport) into the EU next year.

I can vouch for the explosive detector at MAN story .  Some years ago I was in Manchester (where my then employer had the European training centre & I had been helping out) and had a Christmas pud in my hand luggage.  Sure enuf a security lady came towards me with my bag to be opened - on seeing the pud & three Terrys chociolate oranges (hand genades?) she just laughed.