Nhbc

addicted

They will be after a late Christmas present and hope you are paying, yes very wise never click on a link if you're suspicious, unlike yourself Some people  will have an account and will worry click on the link fill in the details and before the New Year is summoned in their account will be empty  :default_crying1animated:

• Like 1

We had an email the other day purporting to be from the TV Licensing people. Checked the account online and it is fully paid up. You can't stress enough how careful you need to be with links in emails ... just never click them basically! Scammers are very good at making their emails look authentic.

• Like 2

Its always wise to hover your cursor over the apparent sender and often you see something totally different behind.

One curious thing is that often when I order from Amazon (here they usually deliver via DHL) a short time afterwards I get a mail purporting to come from DHL but with dubious hidden sender.  Its as if these guys monitor traffic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HEM said:

Its always wise to hover your cursor over the apparent sender and often you see something totally different behind.

Or add the sender to your blocked list. At that point you will see the address that the email has come from.

• Like 1

Just now, SwanR said:

At that point you will see the address that the email has come from.

Even that is not necessarily true.  If you have access to a server with SMTP you can totally fake things.

Many years ago as a UNIX admin I used to know how to do this (via telnet) but my memory fades...
Most decent installations nowadays disable telnet anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1