Water Points

Philip

Water points are available (off the top of my head) at

Oulton Broad

Beccles

Loddon

And at the boatyards mainly based around Brundall, Loddon and at Freedom near Norwich (I think they are open)

Reedham and Norwich usually have water but they are turned off over winter.

The water is on at Reedham all year round but they remove the hoses in winter. We carry a short length of pipe but have used a bucket in the past! 

Brooms should have water. I'm pretty sure WRC turn theirs off in winter. I think Oulton Broad is on the pontoon only. 

8 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

Brooms not sure opening hours in March.They have winter and summer hours,best to give them a call.They charge for water.

Have they actually started charging properly yet? Last year the sign asked for the £2 to be put in the box if there was no one in the hut. Trouble is, they never provided a box! If you stopped for fuel or a pumpout, you got charged but not otherwise. 

13 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Brooms should have water. I'm pretty sure WRC turn theirs off in winter. I think Oulton Broad is on the pontoon only. 

The only hose operational at Brooms at the moment is bythe boat hoist, which is extremely difficult to get to as you have to navigate amongst privately moored gin palaces to gain access.  

The hose at the fuel kiosk has thoughtfully been turned off, however we were able to top up with water this morning at The Ferry House, Surlingham,  which is free to customers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2