A Boat For Hickling

MauriceMynah

Perhaps I should cut down on the stuff I like on-board. I have to ask myself if I really NEED cut crystal sherry glasses as well as the matching wine glasses. The whiskey  tumblers are a must as are the pint glasses. OK the decanter is a bit of a pointless luxury, given that it never stays full for long enough. 8 saucepans might be a bit of an overkill too, as well as the 3 frying pans, pressure cooker4 and cast iron wok....   etc. etc

Yes I do need to down size a bit, but I had all that and a lot more on my 25ft Seamaster, having said that, I designed and fitted out the cabin of that one.

I look onboard Nyx and see so much wasted space it makes me cringe. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Perhaps I should cut down on the stuff I like on-board. I have to ask myself if I really NEED cut crystal sherry glasses as well as the matching wine glasses. The whiskey  tumblers are a must as are the pint glasses. OK the decanter is a bit of a pointless luxury, given that it never stays full for long enough. 8 saucepans might be a bit of an overkill too, as well as the 3 frying pans, pressure cooker4 and cast iron wok....   etc. etc

Yes I do need to down size a bit, but I had all that and a lot more on my 25ft Seamaster, having said that, I designed and fitted out the cabin of that one.

I look onboard Nyx and see so much wasted space it makes me cringe. 

We had exactly the same going from our Seamaster 27 to our Princess 30. It took me by surprise.

The design of the Seamaster gave so much storage space in all areas. The Princess has huge storage in the bilges due to the hull size but the galley has only one very small draw for cooking utensils! Then there are large cupboards but no shelving.

4 minutes ago, PaulM said:

We had exactly the same going from our Seamaster 27 to our Princess 30. It took me by surprise.

The design of the Seamaster gave so much storage space in all areas. The Princess has huge storage in the bilges due to the hull size but the galley has only one very small draw for cooking utensils! Then there are large cupboards but no shelving.

I found that with my 30ds, lazarette is like having a shed with you but internal storage is lacking, that is the playoff for the vastly better sea keeping than my old rlm31.