Bubbling Sewage

JennyMorgan

Nothing to do with sewage but it's still pollution all the same .

This afternoon I sailed through a huge oil slick from carrow yacht club to carrow bridge , BA were on site with a launch and alot of oil brooms as clearly the problem emulated from the bridge , I can only presume this was some form of test in order to lift it on Sunday to get vagabond out , obviously all didn't go to plan .

Does pose the question however in that oil in the water seams to be a BA issue and yet sewage isn't .

1 hour ago, Stationerystill said:

They are apparently very busy.

First of all apologies to the Council.

Secondly the BA have happily found time for at least one unnecessary project! :51_scream:

Surely local knowledge must have been fully aware of a situation that probably dates back several years, and not just two or so.

The EA certainly don't come out of this smelling of roses!

• Like 1

A few months ago I reported to Anglian Water a sewage inspection cover issuing sewage onto the road (Which turned out to be due to a pump failure) I mentioned it was running into a nearby street gully that discharges into the nearby river - the call centre operator without hesitation said that was a pollution risk & that they would attend within 4 hours!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, D46 said:

Does pose the question however in that oil in the water seams to be a BA issue and yet sewage isn't .

Maybe because sewage will disperse more quickly and naturally? I would think what the oil could be quite a problem for flora and fauna if it got swept downstream. 

15 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Maybe because sewage will disperse more quickly and naturally? I would think what the oil could be quite a problem for flora and fauna if it got swept downstream. 

As can raw sewage when it deoxygenates the water killing fish and also settles on the river bed killing many invertebrates.

Fred