On Or Off?

JennyMorgan

Was doing a spot of gardening down by the water today. My neighbour is a keen speedboat racer and seeing his boats just sat there caused me to ponder. Three months close down takes us up to the end of  June with no guarantees that restrictions will be lifted even then. It will surely be a late start, if at all, for the speedboats this summer.

I wonder, will the Three Rivers Race take place this year?  I've checked the 3RR website, no suggestion that it's been cancelled or postponed until later in the year but the 30th of May is surely suspect. I can't imagine a summer with no regattas but it's looking increasingly likely. 

32 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

It's going to be a strange summer!

For many a sad summer.  A wretched summer. It will be difficult for all of us. I have personally gone through a couple of very difficult summers and I was looking forward to some quality time on the broads, on the river. But not to be. 

Let us hope that as a group of like minded people we will be able overcome some of our petty differences which in the scheme of things are of little consequence. Indeed you could argue of no consequence.

Andrew 

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Which of the growing fleet is that then?

Said powerboating enthusiast  neighbour felt he needed something to occupy him during his enforced staycation so we took him a boat or two to watch over.. He will be running engnes, checking oils, adjusting fenders to his hearts content and it keeps him off the streets so win win!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

it keeps him off the streets

Neither his wife nor Boris can keep him off the streets! Rest assured your fleet is well tended and all the strings are neat and tidy and the boats well fendered, so long as we don't get a Westerly hoolie!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

Neither his wife nor Boris can keep him off the streets! Rest assured your fleet is well tended and all the strings are neat and tidy and the boats well fendered, so long as we don't get a Westerly hoolie!

He wanted to have  Chloe Jane there as well bit she was already locked through and safe on Brooke.

With Beccles Yacht Station closed down we knew that we couldn't keep the boats in Beccles not being allowed to travel etc. Once the electric went off it would only be a matter of time before the batteries were down etc and possibly months till we could get back to them. 

Well tended and we'll fendered sounds perfect!

• Like 1