Picnic Boat Hire

andyg

Hi everyone, sorry if this seems a daft question. We are going to hire a picnic boat for the day on our up coming holiday to Hopton. We have chosen admiral from ferry marina. I was unable to phone them today but need to know if you can mud weight with this type of boat. Any info greatly appreciated 

20 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hello Andy, you had better get a dayboat hired ASAP, I have heard that many yards have pre bookings now well into the season.

Regards

Alan 

Hi Alan yes I have heard the same. It's not till early Sept so hopefully things will have calm down. But I will book tomorrow. Thanks 

7 hours ago, Wussername said:

Hi Andy.

Why do you wish to mud weight on a picnic boat?

Regards

Andrew

What a strange question !!!

I can understand why someone might raise an eyebrow at a tourist, who at great expense hires a dayboat, only to tie up to a pub and sit somewhere off the boat.

However, the idea of mudweighting mid broad while having lunch seems to me the very best use of a picnic boat.

I'm not criticizing you Andrew, it just genuinely seemed to me to be an odd question!

• Like 2

HW picnic boats do not have mud weights.  I would not even bother with one.      You will find the day flies past , never enough hours in the day for everything you want to do.    Just enjoy every moment.    HW picnic boats you have to take your own mugs, cutlery, glasses etc yourself,  the only things they provide are:-      1 toilet roll,  1 tea towel,  washing up liquid, a J cloth,    a small bar of soap in the bathroom along with a towel to dry your hands.       No saucepans or frypans.    I took a small saucepan as we had hot dogs and I needed to heat them.   I took paper plates, napkins, kitchen towel.        This was at a time when pubs were not open.  If that is any help.   HW picnic boats have a fridge for the beer etc.   Dont forget teaspoons and a can opener and bottle opener. Nearly forgot dont forget matches.    I know our picnic boat had automatic lighting on the hob but it is best to have a box of matches.   

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

When you take over the picnic boat check that the gas on the ring stays on when you let go of the button , we hired one from Martham Ferry and you had to hold the button in until the kettle boiled !!

Gives a new meaning to the saying 'a watched kettle'.  That was a bit odd but I suppose at least it lit. 

3 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

What a strange question !!!

I can understand why someone might raise an eyebrow at a tourist, who at great expense hires a dayboat, only to tie up to a pub and sit somewhere off the boat.

However, the idea of mudweighting mid broad while having lunch seems to me the very best use of a picnic boat.

I'm not criticizing you Andrew, it just genuinely seemed to me to be an odd question!

Exactly, under the current circumstances we find our self's in a pub lunch isn't as appealing as it might of been. It's our only holiday this year so spending a few quid on a comfy boat for the day doesn't seem like a waste. Mud weighting in the middle of say Salhouse Broad eating our picnic seems quite a good idea to us,Social distancing and all that. I had looked at all the photos and vids online of picnic boats on offer but couldn't see if they were fitted with a mud weight.