Jabsco Cleaner

SteveP

Good Morning all,

We've just bought an old boat with two Jabsco manual toilets, my question is what is the best cleaner to use in them and where should I get it from? I've seen Jabsco toilet fresh online but the carrage charge is more that the cost of the cleaner, is there somewhere on the broads that sells a suitable product. Any advice will be much appreciated.Thanks.

Steve:676_toilet:

The issue is not what you can clean the toilet with but what chemicals you should not be mixing in the holding tank. Bleach is generally accepted to be bad as it will kill off bacteria in the tank that do a good job of processing the waste. We just use household cleaners and try not to use too much and flush as little into the tank as possible. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FreedomBoatingHols said:

The issue is not what you can clean the toilet with but what chemicals you should not be mixing in the holding tank. Bleach is generally accepted to be bad as it will kill off bacteria in the tank that do a good job of processing the waste. We just use household cleaners and try not to use too much and flush as little into the tank as possible. 

Excellent point but those of us with older boats which may have not been cleaned properly for a while could do with idea for what we can use to loosen limescale and stains. At home I use citric acid every so often but I'm guessing that's a no no in the holding tank?

Kilrock is very effective and the gel is good for using on tap spouts where the liquid will run off. There is a brush attached to the lid so buy two bottles and don`t get them mixed up! Being a gel it could be removed with a wet sponge rather than flushing away into the tank.

https://www.kilrock.co.uk/product/kilrock-brush-on-gel/

4 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Kilrock is very effective and the gel is good for using on tap spouts where the liquid will run off. There is a brush attached to the lid so buy two bottles and don`t get them mixed up! Being a gel it could be removed with a wet sponge rather than flushing away into the tank.

https://www.kilrock.co.uk/product/kilrock-brush-on-gel/

Posts must have crossed I think, thanks again for the information  i'll certainly be checking it out.

Steve😀

25 minutes ago, floydraser said:

Excellent point but those of us with older boats which may have not been cleaned properly for a while could do with idea for what we can use to loosen limescale and stains. At home I use citric acid every so often but I'm guessing that's a no no in the holding tank?

Use any descaller you fancy that won't attack the rubbers in the loo. Just avoid flushing much away. Disconnect the flush pipe if you have to. 

We use a product called AcidWash80.  Just Google it. 

• Like 1