The Angel

MrBlueSky

Guest Jayfire

I was there very shortly after it reopened, I know, I know, you're all gobsmacked. It certainly has changed, unfortunately I was the only one in there at the time so didn't stay long but from what I have heard it is a very pleasant stop for a drink and meal

Guest Jayfire
2 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

As I might become a "Damned southerner" I have to ask... Who? Where?

Loddon mate, turn left out of the staithe and it is on the left after you've passed the Coop 

They won't want the likes of you however, they prefer the more refined customer like myself, get yourself into the kings head instead, you'll love it. Lots of entertainment to fall asleep to and you pass it on the way to the Angel  :default_hiding:

Guest Jayfire
Just now, MauriceMynah said:

I've only been to Loddon once. Found a pub more or less where you describe... got very drunk and can't remember what it was called. Two bars and a darts team. 

Mate I've been to Loddon hundreds of times, and I'll be damned if I can remember ever getting back on the boat....however, sometimes I did :default_norty:

My uncle Jim used to live almost opposite. Been in there many times over the years, but it's been through a lot of hands since I was last there. There's a story that there's a tunnel leading to the church in the cellar. Probably some local thought it up to wheedle a drink out of the tourists!

It was certainly opened in a refurbished form in December last year. Personally I liked the old pub which I think had more character. Lovely little hidden garden out the back too. However times change and I'd rather see it open than flats. They sold proper beer too on gravity. 

DSC_7871.JPG

P1060945.JPG

P1060946.JPG

P1060947.JPG

P1060952.JPG

P1060944.JPG