Newbie Broads Boater

Dyer1984

24 minutes ago, AndyTBoater said:

Hiya. Just to let you know that Wroxham Bridge was only showing 6`3`` this morning.

No idea what the Airdraft is on your boat but it might be a bit tight :(

Have a great time whatever you do.

Andy

Thanks. Our boat is 6ft 5in so we'll tomorrow. Will be very tight either way lol 

I think we passed you on our way South. Hope you avoided the heaving rain better than we did. With regards to Wroxham, our boatyard was under the impression the bridge was closed to hire craft due to the water levels.

I hope you get through because it's lovely up there. Don't worry if you don't though - gives you a good excuse to come back!

I think the OP might stand a good chance as I think the gauge is a bit pessimistic and a big advantage of this boat is the narrower beam. I think it would be well worth checking with the pilot. The mobile number should be in the Skippers manual. Mrs Nog has the number on her phone but she is in the land of nod ATM. :default_yawn: 

• Like 1

We hired an NBD boat very early in the season a couple of years ago. Having been to the bridge before picking up the boat we thought we had no chance of getting under Wroxham Bridge, but our handover guy said it wouldn’t be a problem to take us under. I gather the board facing downstream is on the pessimistic side. 

• Like 1