I May Have Turned A Corner.

Chelsea14Ian

Had a email  from Mr Hancock,regarding  shielding.So for the foreseeable future, I have to once again  take extra  measures to shield myself. I know it's to help protect me from this madness, but simple  things like shopping, I'm  advised to do.I can attend  health  care when required, yet cant go to the chemist. 

2 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

yet cant go to the chemist.

If you are on substantial amounts of regular medication then all chemists (well all of the major ones including Boots and the CoOp) will deliver the meds to your door free of charge, Ian. If, like me, you are shielded simply telephone the chemist to arrange delivery. Most of them have a specific number for shielded patients. I've had my meds delivered for the past six years.

If you have problems remembering to take your meds, remembering the correct dosages, getting the meds out of the packaging or you take the equivalent of a full tube of Smarties, like me, your GP can arrange to have your prescriptions put into dosette boxes by the pharmacy as well. Mine have the various tablets and injections laid out ready to take and I can easily spot if I've missed a dose or already taken it. My local pharmacy even ring to make sure I am at home before they deliver and make sure I'm covered in advance for things like Christmas and bank holidays. If I'm going down to the boat they supply me with meds and a smaller portable sharps bin to take with me and have an arrangement with a Broads based pharmacy that can supply my meds or take my full sharps bin if needed.

Hope the information is useful? 

• Thanks 1

when i have my warfarin tests i need to go to the chemists, but if the pharmacist isnt in yet (i tend to drop in early) they hang onto my book and deliver the medication later in the day, for some of their patients they call round their house to do the warfarin test ( the nurse jokingly told me she gets patients to stick their hand out of the letter box for testing)as there are only 3 pharmacys locally allowed to dispense warfarin this service saves a trip to the hospital and waiting in a busy waiting room for the test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm  now on, a on line  Pulmonary clinic. This involves a series of exercises. The aim to improve  my breathing. I've  done two classes, next one tomorrow. This is a six week course. This morning  I spoke with my GP,reason is I've still got shingles. Now week ten.Theres no more meds GPs can give me.The Doctor  is now going  to refer me to a Neurologist. All along I've  tried to stay positive. The shingles certainly  knocks my resolve. Hopefully  the Neurologist can help me.