Calorifier And Heating

Eberspacher and webasto do a water heating version that can power radiators or heat a calorifier but not cheap, radiators from calorifier would cool down rapidly once the engine is off, I have one of my engines heat the calorifier so I fitted a heater matrix plumbed to the calorifier take off on the other engine with a bilge blower fan for a bit of free heat into the cabin while running, some slightly cool days the eber is too much but the boost from the engine is just right.

The thing with radiators is that most of the heat rises straight up and is lost through the roof as boats are not that well insulated, at least blow air can be ducted to floor level so the whole space is heated not just the space above the radiator.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Quick question re heating , where is the best place to get Eberspacher serviced in the Northern Broads please?

I've got someone very local for heater repairs and spares. :default_norty:.

They are only around the corner from me.

https://www.melloronline.co.uk/

Edited by petersjoy
forgot to add link

13 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Quick question re heating , where is the best place to get Eberspacher serviced in the Northern Broads please?

I would give JPC Direct a call as they are in Brundall but you may find service agent in Cambridge as there are a lot fitted to trucks, RV,s etc.

Colin :default_winko:

• Thanks 1

Hi Foxey I can heat my radiators through the calorifier circuit when engine is running they dont get very hot but it is some free back ground heat,i do have a twin coiled calorifier,   engine coil heats tank,  tank heats second coil that is on boiler/radiator circuit enough heat when running.  when moored i use the boiler to heat water and/or radiators. if you run it with only one coiled calorifier the radiators would get hot but only if engine is running,  or if you have a water heater you will just need a valve to close the rads of when not needed, the water circulating pump will pump the water around the rads and calorifier or a separate pump/ small Johnson flow pump) for rads which will act as a stop valve when no heat required but allow heater to heat tank. John