A Year On From Lockdown One.

53 minutes ago, SteveO said:

Yes, that is a possibility but Sars 1 was never as infective as Covid,  I was in Japan when that was doing the rounds and the only precaution I saw during my whole trip was passenger temperature monitoring at the airport. Let's hope it pans out that way though.

I was in travel at that time, and we had to cancel lots of bookings to and through Hong Kong to Australia, mine included. I followed it keenly in the hope it would be brought under control in time for my travel date, including the initial infections at the Metropole Hotel lift in HKG, and it's subsequent "flight" to Canada. As I remember it, it was less infectious but more deadly. Lets hope it's grandkid takes a misstep also. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

My Goddaughter still has not fully got her taste or sense of smell back some 8 months after testing positive.

We still have a long way to go with regards to Covid so keep safe out there.

That does seem to be one of the long term effects, I’d hate to lose either of those senses even temporarily. I hope she improves soon. And you’re quite right about keeping safe, we’re a long way off being clear of covid - if we ever are! I’m sure the government etc were expecting cases to go up once the young ones went back to school but it’s the transmission that will matter. If the jab keeps people out of hospital, we’ll get there I’m sure. 

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

That does seem to be one of the long term effects, I’d hate to lose either of those senses even temporarily. . . . . . . . . . . . 

It’s not great, believe me.  Although I wasn’t able to be tested in April last year, when I believe I had the virus, I had all of the publicised symptoms and partially lost my sense of taste and smell.  I still can’t smell or taste some foods, like onions and garlic and there are certain foods that now have a uniform, default taste.   I can’t drink Coke any more which now tastes revolting, which in itself isn’t a bad thing, but I used to quite enjoy it diluted with Bacardi that I can no longer drink either.  Good job that beer, Jack Daniels and gin are still palatable!!

One bonus is that I still can’t smell when the dog is flatulent (or anyone else for that matter!!!).That, at times, is a major bonus! 😁

Still not got my taste and smell back either.  Coming up for exactly a year on after catching Covid.  Like Mouldy has said, there are a few advantages, not being able to smell nasty smells anymore but oh to be able to enjoy what I’m eating instead of thinking of food as just fuel. The smell of tap water makes me wretch so it’s only bottled water for me now.