Counting Bridges

Broads01

2 hours ago, webntweb said:

A few more from our 1963 holiday on Crusader 1 from Richardson's. I have posted a couple of these before. Didn't have a flash so the interior shots are dark.

05 Broads 63 col neg Acle bridge.jpg

What is that yacht? Almost plumb stem, flat if not reverse sheer’, cabin mounted tabernacle, enterprise blue sails on a Bermudan rig. Comfortable vessel I’m shore!

1964 Constellation 2. Unfortunately most pics from this holiday were lost in a house move.

First one is my first ever stern on mooring at Ranworth . . . only we got it the wrong way round. We saw the yacht moored bow on and did the same . . and a couple of pics at YYS that i've posted before.

413a  Phil Page Ranworh 175.jpg

077 Terry Evans Yarmouth YS Constellation 2.jpg

078 Yarmouth YS dinghy sinking.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Broads01 said:

I notice there's a Caribbean in the distance in the fourth picture. I think that was their first season? I always imagine how much they must have stood out at the time.

Yes, this is what fascinates me Simon. I would imagine  many boaters would have looked at it and discounted it's plastic looks for the wonder of the woody. But as soon as they saw their modern interiors things would change. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DAVIDH said:

Yes, this is what fascinates me Simon. I would imagine  many boaters would have looked at it and discounted it's plastic looks for the wonder of the woody. But as soon as they saw their modern interiors things would change. 

I  seem to remember the first one I ever saw was at Stokesby on that same holiday.

As we approached the one in the pic I suppose we would have looked at it and obviously thought it wasn't worth wasting film on.

Funny thing is that about 20 years later we looked at the Caribbean's because the single floor level, side passage layout was ideal for our fishing holidays, as we could leave the rods made up in the passage overnight on a rack I had made and transfer them to the roof in the day. In the end we went for the Horizon 42's and similar because of the sliding canopy.

• Like 2